Installed after SCS - No new spells appear

Guest Mike

Hey there. Pretty new to modding BG. I'm using the Beamdog launcher with the Enhanced Editions, I just completed BG1 and have started SoD. I installed SCS first, then IWDification. I was expecting to see some of the new spells in Viconia's spellbook. Although the colors seem updated (green for summoning for example), I am not seeing any new spells. Is this to be expected?

I installed both SCS and IWDification to the Siege of Dragonspear folder and they appeared to successfully install.

Any help is appreciated.

That shouldn’t necessarily lead to this result... 

But yeah, we know it works fine when you install them in the prescribed manner. So not much point in debugging an instance when they are installed in the wrong manner. The answer is, basically, “install them in the prescribed manner. 

Also (and maybe this is the nut of it) I’m guessing that you installed IWDification in the middle of your game - or installed it, then loaded a save or imported a party  from before it was installed. In this case priests like Viconia will see the new spells added to their spellbook after they level up. So you can probably just keep playing, even though it’s installed “wrong” - it might be fine. At a guess, the biggest down-side to installing them like this is that SCS AI scripts won’t make use of those IWD spells. 

Edited by subtledoctor

Thanks guys. I think I just have to level up Viconia, as the spell animations are IWD and additional arcane spells are present. I did install the mods after completing BG1, just before importing a party to go on to SoD.