How should one pronounce Mielikki in Faerun?

Meira

Now, because Mielikki is a Faerun goddess ripped from Finnish mythology it sounds really odd to me when her name is pronounced in any other way than I would do it myself.

But since we are in Faerun and not in Finland... Is there perhaps some official pronouncing guides - I tried to look at the wizards.com but found nothing helpful.

Pronunciation is a problem with this stuff. I wish they'd put a pronunciation guide under each deity. I'm still not sure if Cyric is pronounced with a hard or soft "c" at the beginning.

I'd pronounce Mielikki as "MEE-Lik-ee" :)

Now, because Mielikki is a Faerun goddess ripped from Finnish mythology it sounds really odd to me when her name is pronounced in any other way than I would do it myself.

But since we are in Faerun and not in Finland... Is there perhaps some official pronouncing guides - I tried to look at the wizards.com but found nothing helpful.

Just out of curiousity, how is the name pronounced in Finnish?

I'm still not sure if Cyric is pronounced with a hard or soft "c" at the beginning.

Soft "c", according to whoever voiced Cyric07.wav in ToB. I'm not good at phonetic spelling, but it sounds something like seer-ick when he says it.

Thanks. I was sure that no-one had ever said Cyric in the game... shows how good my memory is. :)

That's exactly how they show the pronuciation in Faiths and Pantheons.

I gotta get me a copy of that.

Just out of curiousity, how is the name pronounced in Finnish?

Like this:

mielikki.ogg

(Yes, that would be me.) :)

Archived