Any way to manually advanced quest step for Messenger 2?

So in the Messenger 2, I have to deliver a letter & ring to Garrick, but it appears to be impossible, since I'm using another mod (BG1 NPC, I think) that lets the player "talk" to Garrick, and that dialog appears to override the dialog necessarily to give him the letter. I love the quest and would love to be able to finish it when I deliver all of the other letters; is there any way to advance the quest via command console and tell it I delivered the letter to Garrick? Thanks much :)

I absolutely would have, but I missed that quest on my way to Beregost. I have tried giving him the letter both in and out of the party; it didn't work, and I assumed what had happened was I accidentally sold the ring. But I bought it back and there was still no option, so that wasn't the issue (unless the ring somehow loses its "quest item status" when sold).

Here's garricks response when he's in party (screenshot 1) and out of party (screenshot 2). I manually used the mouth icon for both of these. "Letter from a fan" and the ruby ring are both in my inventory, and I've been able to deliver letters to other characters fine, so the quest is otherwise working!

Garrick In Party.PNG

Garrick Out Of Party.PNG

Edited by Aerothorn

Jastey, risking ressurecting a dead topic, I dismissed Garrick even before I got the quest, and now when I spawn him manually he does not engage properly, just says some random quotes. I cannot recruit him again, and I cannot reset the quest. Do you have any suggestion on how to complete the quest?

Many thanks!

@rickxy007 Oh, this is indeed not considered. I fear the cheat console is your friend: dumb the letter somewhere pretending Garrick will find it there, and set via Cheat console:

C:EVAL('IncrementGlobal("RE1_RainSnow","GLOBAL",1)')

Alternatively, the quest is finished if Global("RE1_RainSnow","GLOBAL",9) is at "9" and all letters are out of the inventory, so you could just deliver all others, dumb it then and set the variable to 9 to trigger the reward.

Jastey, sorry for the late reply. I wanted to thank you AFTER I tested it, but I did not end up using the finish quest command. When I tried the increment, it came back with this:

('IncrementGlobal(RE1_RainSnow,GLOBAL,1)'), it says that Attempt to call method EVAL is a nil value.

I'll try the completion command later, see if it works, after I deliver remaining letters. 

In any case, thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.

@rickxy007 That was my bad. The command would be:

C:Eval('IncrementGlobal("RE1_RainSnow","GLOBAL",1)')

(not all upper case)

Alternatively, you can also just set the variable that will trigger the reward (maybe there is a timer, so it might not happen instantly, and all letters need to be out of the inventory):

C:SetGlobal("RE1_RainSnow","GLOBAL",9)