Torment dialogs/menus not working iwth CVS?

PhracturedBlue

PST seems to be working well using the 2.3 linux binaries, however, I get no sound (even after removing the libNullSound fils). When I compile from CVS, sound works fine, but the Dialog menu doesn't come up, and there is no status bar at the bottom of the screen.

What I get is:

[GameControl]: More than one bottom window!
[GUIScript]: Syntax Error:
SetControlStatus(WindowIndex, ControlIndex, Status)

Sets the status of a Control.

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./GUIScripts/pst/MessageWindow.py", line 118, in UpdateControlStatus
   GemRB.SetControlStatus(0,0,IE_GUI_CONTROL_FOCUSED)
OverflowError: long into too large to convert to int

... and ...
[KEYImporter]: Searching for DMORTE1.DLG...[FOUND]
[GameControl]: Dialog aborted???[KeyImporter]: Searching for DSF2NOFB.BAM...[FOUND]

I tried obvious things like using the GUIScript dir from the 2.3 release with CVS, but while this gave me a (somewhat corrupted) status window, dialog still didn't work.

I am not fluent in Python, tohugh I may take a look and see if I can learn anything. More likely, I'll just compile 2.3 from src, and see what happens.

If it is not recomended to use CVS, just let me know, and I'll just use official releases.

Guest Avenger_at_work
PST seems to be working well using the 2.3 linux binaries, however, I get no sound (even after removing the libNullSound fils).  When I compile from CVS, sound works fine, but the Dialog menu doesn't come up, and there is no status bar at the bottom of the screen.

What I get is:

[GameControl]: More than one bottom window!
[GUIScript]: Syntax Error:
SetControlStatus(WindowIndex, ControlIndex, Status)

Sets the status of a Control.

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./GUIScripts/pst/MessageWindow.py", line 118, in UpdateControlStatus
   GemRB.SetControlStatus(0,0,IE_GUI_CONTROL_FOCUSED)
OverflowError: long into too large to convert to int

... and ...
[KEYImporter]: Searching for DMORTE1.DLG...[FOUND]
[GameControl]: Dialog aborted???[KeyImporter]: Searching for DSF2NOFB.BAM...[FOUND]

I tried obvious things like using the GUIScript dir from the 2.3 release with CVS, but while this gave me a (somewhat corrupted) status window, dialog still didn't work.

I am not fluent in Python, tohugh I may take a look and see if I can learn anything.  More likely, I'll just compile 2.3 from src, and see what happens.

If it is not recomended to use CVS, just let me know, and I'll just use official releases.

Hmm, you must have some new version of Python. Try to use 0x7f0000... instead of 0xff00000... in GuiDefines.py where IE_GUI_CONTROL_FOCUSED is defined.

The engine won't really care if the last byte is not 0xff, so this hack is doable.

We will do the same with our Python scripts, apparently Python doesn't like unsigned constants anymore. Or they need explicit declaration of unsignedness.

Hmm, you must have some new version of Python. Try to use 0x7f0000... instead of 0xff00000... in GuiDefines.py where IE_GUI_CONTROL_FOCUSED is defined.

The engine won't really care if the last byte is not 0xff, so this hack is doable.

We will do the same with our Python scripts, apparently Python doesn't like unsigned constants anymore. Or they need explicit declaration of unsignedness.

Well, that did indeed fixed the menu (I used 0x7f000080 since the original was 0xff000080), however now I just gets hundreds of 'Invalid Stance: 18' messages, and the Nameless One keeps falling down as soon as he stands up. Also, the dialog is still broken (I still get the same message as before:

Invalid Stance: 18
[KEYImporte]Searching for DMORTE1.DLG...FOUND
[GameControl]: Dialog aborted

Looking over the code, this appears to be IE_ANI_PST_START, though I'm not exactly sure what that does (though the message appears to be innocuous, and was just added today)

I tried usiing 0x7f000000 too, and it didn't change anything I could see.

Again, 0.2.3 works fine, even when I compile it myself.

I'm not sure which tool versions would be relvant, but I am building against python 2.4

in both cases

Archived