Breaking ascension?

Hi, I think this fixpack could be breaking at least one mod now, Ascension. More precisely the "Improved Slayer Transformation" component.

When installed aloned, this component installs cleanly (not even a warning)

But with this installation (eefixpack is crrent master, f0547d        ):

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EEFIXPACK/SETUP-EEFIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Core Fixes: Beta 1

And the juste the Improved slayer component of ascension, it fails with

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [slayer2.spl] not found in KEY file:
        [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Improved Slayer Transformation], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 241 files for [ascension/Ascension.tp2] component 50.
Uninstalled    241 files for [ascension/Ascension.tp2] component 50.
ERROR: Failure("resource [slayer2.spl] not found for 'COPY'")
Please make a backup of the file: setup-ascension.debug and look for support at: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/forum/207-ascension/
Automatically Skipping [Improved Slayer Transformation] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[./lang/fr_fr/dialog.tlk] created, 103595 string entries
[./lang/fr_fr/dialogf.tlk] created, 103595 string entries

NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Improved Slayer Transformation

setup-ascension.debug.zip

I really don't recommend trying to install the FP as part of any mod install. It's not even a beta, it's just work-in-progress. Just because you can install the contents of an incomplete project from a public github repository, doesn't mean you should.

That said, the problem here is because Ascension fixes various bugs in the slayer shapechange files and isn't particularly attentive as to whether some other mod has already done the same thing. It will need a bit of recoding when the FP comes out - I suspect the best strategy is just to give ascension unmodified copies of the various slayer-change resources to use as a clean base, overwriting FP changes - but it's probably premature to think about the details just yet.

You can allow the component to install if you replace 'BUT_ONLY' with '// BUT_ONLY' on line 40 of ascension/powers/improved_slayer_powers.tpa. I don't vouch for it actually doing what it's supposed to do, though!

No apology needed, it's quite helpful actually - I hadn't thought of the knock-on consequences for Ascension, it's good to have had them exposed now rather than in beta stage. I was just worried that you, or others, might have a frustrating experience if you tried to use the FP in a playthrough. 

Guest Big bumhole

I’m not in any way associated with either mod, just happened to be browsing to see if any neat mods had been released recently, so I might be wrong here… but I’m pretty sure the takeaway from this thread is “don’t install the unreleased mod yet” so I think you can just install Ascension as usual and not worry about it for now