Version 4 of IWDification Released

IWDification is a mod to bring some of the elements of Icewind Dale into the Baldur's Gate series of games. A lot of this project is based upon the work of the IWD-in-BG2 conversion project, which later formed the backbone of IWDEE. The mod adds various elements such as selectable bard songs, two-handed axes, and over 70 new spells into your BG2, Tutu, BGT, BGEE, BG2EE, or EET game.

Version 3 adds a Spanish translation (thanks Gorlod), one new component, and several bugfixes. Version 4 fixes a bug with the Evasion component.

v4 Changelog:

"Aye Aye Captain, I mean only one eye, I mean yes sir, um, ma'am."

• IWD Class Updates: Thief: Evasion was not clearing out the maximum levels for its new effects, meaning it was not working as intended (or at all) in many cases.

v3 Changelog:

"Whenever I get lonely, I can look over my shoulder at this disfiguring scar and think of you."

• Added Spanish translation, courtesy of Gorlod
  • Added IWD Class Updates: Bard: Selectable Bard Songs for Jesters and Skalds component
  • In the Randomized Enemy Equipment, the High Quality Mace was being built from a base flail, and the HQ Flail from a mace. While the HQ weapons would not break, they could still generate broken weapons in the wielder's inventory.
  • Fixed a bug with Randomized Enemy Equipment where creatures could generate multiple copies of their newly-randomized equipment (notably the hobgoblins at the FAI could have multiple copies of their weapons)
  • The kit/class text descriptions for IWD Class Updates: Paladin: IWD Abilities and Skills was correctly adding the new abilities, but was also leaving the outdated text instead of replacing it
  • Resolved a possible conflict between Spell Revisions and IWD Class Updates: Paladin: IWD Abilities and Skills; specifically, IWDification was not correctly updating the duration for the paladin's Protection From Evil ability.
  • Fixes for the Arcane and Divine Spell Packs:
    • Various arcane scrolls were either not being added or only one scroll was being added, specifically: Conjure Water Elemental; Demi-Shadow Monsters; Emotion, Courage; Emotion, Fear; Monster Summoning VI; and Suffocate.
    • Entropy Shield had an offcenter visual effect for casting, which has been fixed
    • Mind Blank correctly blocked petrification effects, but was not blocking the 'Petrification' feedback in the combat log due to a typo
    • Fixed a bug with Expanded Portrait Icons where it would misalign all of the portrait icons
    • Fixed a bug where the Beast Claw icon was offcenter for oBG2 games
    • (Great) Shout and Smashing Waves had a cosmetic bug of duplicate projectile animations on oBG2
    • Fixed bug where spell scrolls added by the spell components were lacking a description image
Edited by CamDawg
v4
Guest Morgoth

For the iwd style graphic for spells, is it modular? For example I would like to install only the acid graphic for spells.

Also, I remember vividly that the spell acid arrow has some graphic attached to it. Would it be possible to make that graphic persistant on the sprite of the enemy affected by acid?

8 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

For the iwd style graphic for spells, is it modular? For example I would like to install only the acid graphic for spells.

It is not, but if you've got a text editor you can make it only apply the acid changes. In your iwdification/setup-iwdification.tp2 file, find this section around line 470. Under the COPY_EXISTING ~dmgtypes.2da~ ~override~ line, delete or comment out the three lines about cold, fire, and electricity and leave the acid line. In the COPY below that, delete everything except the copy of shacid.bam, acidh.bam, acidh.vvc, and eff_m47.wav.

8 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

Also, I remember vividly that the spell acid arrow has some graphic attached to it. Would it be possible to make that graphic persistant on the sprite of the enemy affected by acid?

You'd basically have to edit the graphic attached to the spell to last as long as the acid damage. It's certainly possible, but beyond the scope of IWDification.

Guest Morgoth

Thanks for the instructions.

For the second part, I would say it could be a tweak for tweakpack, but it is such a little tweak that I don't even think it's worth it asking for it.

I got a few warnings installing the Arcane and Divine Spell Packs in BGEE

SFO warning: Not copying resource S5-20.ITM of spell WIZARD_MONSTER_SUMMONING_3: namespace conflict
SFO warning: Not copying resource EXALTAH.VVC of spell CLERIC_EXALTATION: namespace conflict
SFO warning: Not copying resource RECITAG.VVC of spell CLERIC_RECITATION: namespace conflict
SFO warning: Not copying resource WHIRLW.PRO of spell CLERIC_WHIRLWIND: namespace conflict
SFO warning: Not copying resource S5-20.ITM of spell CLERIC_GIANT_INSECT: namespace conflict
SFO warning: Not copying resource IDPRO282.PRO of spell INNATE_BOMBARDIER_BEETLE_CLOUD: namespace conflict

And in BG2EE

SFO warning: Not copying resource EXALTAH.VVC of spell CLERIC_EXALTATION: namespace conflict

EDIT: In SHOP08.STO from BG2EE there are duplicated items: SCRL5H.ITM (item for sale 68 and 90) and CDIA427.ITM (item for sale 69 and 91). This prevents these two scrolls from being stolen.

Edited by Gorlod

In this case 'namespace conflict' is SFO's fancy way of saying 'these resources are already here'. In this case, this is fine: these are redundant copies (multiple spells will try to add exaltah.vvc). I'll check the shop08 issue.