Mod Order/Feedback request

Day 600

Completed:
Get the Golem to open the dungeon doors, freeing the djinni, find a way to release Jaheira from her cell, find a way to release Minsc from his cell, find the key to release Frennedan, Free Rielev from his life support, Disturbing Implications, It Wasn't Me, Sarevok's Sword, Find the Key, Save Jaheira from Baron Ployer's curse, Summoned to the Harper Hold, Nalia abducted by Isaea Roenall, Samia's Plan foiled, Anomen's judgement, Garren's Child rescued, the de'Arnise keep has been cleared, Jaheira renouces her Harper status, Jaheira judged by the Harpers, Anomen refused to take revenge for his sister's murder, the Return to Harper Hold, Investigate the circus tent, find the boy's mother inside the circus tent, find out what happened to Montaron, the Harper plot revealed, Barad Ding's eight cats, a new beer for Mironda, Where's Wilson?, Mereth's hairband, Disorder in the Order, Part 2, Neera's Hidden Refuge, Dorn's bloody path, Talisman of the Hearthfire, Assassinations, Soultaker, Spice and Gold, the Southern Edge's Parasite, Berry Serious Problem, the Bitter Fate of Amaretto, Talkative Mr. Cat, In need of a dress, Ghurklu, the Icon of Despair, Dabarok, the mad bard, White Queen and the Black One, The White Queen, Crate needed, Jaheira insists I destroy a weapon, the bookkeeper's been burgled, nothing comes without a price,  combat the Collector, a Family Affair, Another Day in Athkatla, A Game of Zhentarim Blackmail, Funeral for Brandock's Cousin, Victims of Petrification.  No quests, but from the Darkest Day I've cleared Trollford, Espurta, and the Snake Woods,  In the Troll Mountains I have yet to confront Tapanascar the dragon; in Purskal I have yet to fetch the exorcist.  From Region of Terror I have rescued Regis and Bruenor, but have not done any of the Arlax or Westchar side quests.

New or ongoing:
Close the Portal at Dragonspear Castle (Ch 13, not implemented yet), Skie's Soul (Ch 13; remnant, I've freed her from the Soultaker and she's come to Athkatla), Berronar's Axe was stolen (Ch 13), Ruling the de'Arnise keep and lands, Journey to the Windspear Hills, Investigate Activities in the Copper Coronet's rooms, Collect the fee for Gaelen Bayle, Solve the "skinner" murders in the Bridge District, A magic lamp?, The Cult of the Unseeing Eye - Bunger Wiesner, You can't escape the past (remnant, quest is complete but entry not cleared), missing copper ring, Besamen and Baisera, Bridge's Block's Monster, Missing gloves in the Bridge's Block, Mr. Rat in the Bridge's Block, the Summoner from the Bridge's Block, an Ancient and Restless Spirit, In Pursuit of Moira's assassins, For love, Imoen found a job, Pirate Legacy, the Golden Globe, To Be Heir, Kale's Father, Breagar's text fragments, Brandock and his Half-Ogre twin, Brandock wants to restore his book, Increase Brandock's Lore Wisdom

Companions--I've completed the content for Jaheira, Viconia, Dorn, Rasaad, Neera and Hexxat.  Anomen is stalled at the confrontation with Saerk by a bug.  I've completed Adrian's quest, to my knowledge he doesn't have another.  Presently romancing Isra and flirting with both Nalia and Aerie.

I've been without my familiar since some time in Baldur's Gate; it is in one of those zones, unresponsive; if I spawn it in my bags and release it it doesn't appear, and if I try to summon a new one I'm told I already have one.  We've already established that I've got some mod incompatibilities, so I'm not too bothered about it.

Picking Hexxat's feats reminded me that I haven't selected any for my main in a long time, I think there should have been one at least at 12th level I didn't get.  I think I saw something about either EEKeeper messing with it, or CTRL-R breaking it, so either of those could have caused the problem.

Man, that town crier is everywhere!  He keeps hawking the arena, even in places like the Windspear dungeon!  Also, no sign of Verr'sza there, I'm guessing leaving him in Baldur's Gate before leaving for Dragonspear broke something.

Lots of niggly stuff I've not made mention of, like getting two of the blades Jaheira wanted destroyed from Prebek's house instead of just the 1

Current Party:  Isra, Kivan, Imoen, Aerie, Nalia (Brandock, Grey)
XP: 1,027,163/class (13/13/13)
Body Count: 8,033
Gold: 34,121

BIMOEN2 has 1 talk for Yeslick, 1 for Aerie, 1 for Korgan, 2 for Viconia, 1 for Neera, and 4 for Clara.

Anything else that should be there is missing.  Just had another crash to desktop because Aerie tried to talk to her but the response is missing.

While I'd intended to keep Imoen for the full run, it might be time to pare back her participation.  That *would* give me an extra slot to play with as I work my way through NPC mod content....

1 hour ago, Oloriniel said:

BIMOEN2 has 1 talk for Yeslick, 1 for Aerie, 1 for Korgan, 2 for Viconia, 1 for Neera, and 4 for Clara.

Sounds like a mod is oberwriting it instead of patching, to be honest. Could you make a changelog on BIMOEN2.dlg?

And since you are in EET (?), I'm surprised you had no problms with Imoen's banters in the BG1 part? (Also, on a sidenote, I wasn't aware it would CTD if the banter response is missing, I thought the dialogue would just end. But maybe that's if the referenced dlg is not present, not if it's missing the according state. 🤔)

I left Imoen out of most of BG1; I dropped her before we got to Nashkel, and picked her up after Sarevok was dead.  Also, it looks like her BG1 banters are in BIMOEN.DLG.

Spoiler

Mods affecting BIMOEN2.DLG:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~EET\EET.TP2~ 0 0 // EET core (resource importation)V13.4
00001:  ~IMOEN_FOREVER\IMOEN_FOREVER.TP2~ 0 0 // Imoen 4 Ever in BGII: Imoen Returns after Talking to Gaelan in Chapter 2v10
00002:  ~SKIECOST\SKIECOST.TP2~ 0 1 // Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - Allow Skie to return as a joinable NPC4.1
00003:  ~SKIECOST\SKIECOST.TP2~ 0 3 // Skie: The Cost of One Girl's Soul - The Return of Eddard Silvershield (quest & a joinable NPC)4.1
00004:  ~WILLOWISP\WILLOWISP.TP2~ 0 0 // Will NPC, shaman stronghold and new shaman kit for BG2EE2.2
00005:  ~TORTUREDSOULSLITE\SETUP-TORTUREDSOULSLITE.TP2~ 0 0 // Tortured Souls Lite0.3
00006:  ~TS_SIME\SETUP-TS_SIME.TP2~ 0 0 // Vlad's Sime NPC0.8
00007:  ~AJANTISBG2\AJANTISBG2.TP2~ 1 0 // Sir Ajantis NPC for BGII20
00008:  ~QUAYLE\SETUP-QUAYLE.TP2~ 0 0 // Quayle NPC for Baldur's Gate 26.2
00009:  ~BG1NPCSOA\BG1NPCSOA.TP2~ 0 0 // Water Gardens. New Athkatla's district & new quests12.8
00010:  ~BG1NPCSOA\BG1NPCSOA.TP2~ 0 2 // Shar-Teel NPC in BG2. "Nightbringer of Shar" (SoA)12.8
00011:  ~BG1NPCSOA\BG1NPCSOA.TP2~ 0 6 // Brave Sir Garrick NPC in BG2 (SoA)12.8
00012:  ~BG1NPCSOA\BG1NPCSOA.TP2~ 0 30 // Kagain's Corner (SoA & ToB)Store with crazy amount of magical items12.8
00013:  ~BG1NPCSOA\BG1NPCSOA.TP2~ 0 40 // Faldorn's New Leaf (SoA & ToB)12.8
00014:  ~BG1NPCSOA\BG1NPCSOA.TP2~ 0 45 // Xzar and Monty Murder Mysteries (SoA & ToB)12.8
00015:  ~BG1NPCSOA\BG1NPCSOA.TP2~ 0 87 // Inter Component Banter Pack12.8
00016:  ~WINGS\SETUP-WINGS.TP2~ 0 0 // Wings for BG2:EE
00017:  ~SIRENE_BG2\SIRENE_BG2.TP2~ 0 0 // Sirene NPC for BG2:EE
00018:  ~CALIN\CALIN.TP2~ 0 0 // Calin for BG2v1.3
00019:  ~DACE\DACE.TP2~ 0 0 // Dace Linton NPC Mod for BG2:SoA & ToBv5
00020:  ~FOUNDLING\FOUNDLING.TP2~ 0 0 // Foundling: Between the ShadesYes, but don't patch the existing save games5.3
00021:  ~HALDAMIR\SETUP-HALDAMIR.TP2~ 0 0 // Haldamirv4
00022:  ~ISRA_BG2\ISRA_BG2.TP2~ 0 0 // Isra for BGIIv3.1
00023:  ~LENA\SETUP-LENA.TP2~ 0 1 // Lena Romance, BG2 NPC Modv0.8
00024:  ~NEPHELE\NEPHELE.TP2~ 0 0 // Nephele NPC Mod for BGII: SoA & ToBv2.6
00025:  ~NINDE\NINDE.TP2~ 0 0 // Ninde NPC Mod for BGIIv3.0
00026:  ~PAINA\PAINA.TP2~ 0 0 // Pai'Na NPC for BG:EE
00027:  ~PETSY\PETSY.TP2~ 0 0 // Petsy Chattertone4.2
00028:  ~SARAHTOB\SETUP-SARAHTOB.TP2~ 0 0 // Sarah NPC Romance Mod for BG2:ToB6
00029:  ~WILSONCHRONICLES\WILSONCHRONICLES.TP2~ 0 0 // Wilson Chronicles - expansion for our favorite bear companion1.92
00030:  ~TYRISFLARE\SETUP-TYRISFLARE.TP2~ 0 0 // Tyris Flare NPCv9
00031:  ~ARATH\ARATH.TP2~ 0 0 // Arath NPC for BGII: SoA & ToBv5
00032:  ~EVANDRA\SETUP-EVANDRA.TP2~ 0 0 // Evandra NPCv2.2
00033:  ~LUXLEYSOA\LUXLEYSOA.TP2~ 0 0 // Luxley Family Mod for BGII:SoAv2.0.0
00034:  ~ADRIAN\ADRIAN.TP2~ 0 0 // Adrian for BGIIAdrian is a Sorcererv5.0
00035:  ~C#SOLAUFEIN\C#SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ 1 0 // Solaufein's Rescue: Jastey's Solaufein NPC for BGII3.2
00036:  ~GLAMNPCPACK\SETUP-GLAMNPCPACK.TP2~ 0 0 // Glam's NPC Pack for BG:EE, BGT and BG TUTU
00037:  ~YESLICKNPC\YESLICKNPC.TP2~ 0 1 // Yeslick NPC for BGII: SoA & ToBYeslick is a Fighter-Alaghor of Clangeddin (cleric kit)v5.0
00038:  ~YVETTE\SETUP-YVETTE.TP2~ 0 0 // Yvette Romance - BG2 Romance Character5.0
00039:  ~RJALI\SETUP-RJALI.TP2~ 0 3 // Rjali Romance Mod (BG2EE:SoA & TOB NPC) created by nullsetv12.5
00040:  ~VARSHOON\SETUP-VARSHOON.TP2~ 0 0 // Varshoon - an illithid NPC for BG2v7.1
00041:  ~ACBRE\ACBRE.TP2~ 1 0 // Breagar: Contents11.4.0
00042:  ~DJINNICOMPANION\DJINNICOMPANION.TP2~ 0 0 // Afaaq, the Djinni CompanionFull Version (includes quests, banters and more)v2.9
00043:  ~C#GREYTHEDOG\SETUP-C#GREYTHEDOG.TP2~ 0 0 // Grey The Dog NPC8
00044:  ~IEPBANTERS\IEPBANTERS.TP2~ 0 0 // Extended NPC-NPC Interaction SoAv5.8
00045:  ~ALLTHINGSMAZZY\SETUP-ALLTHINGSMAZZY.TP2~ 0 0 // All Things MazzyVersion 3.05
00046:  ~EET_END\EET_END.TP2~ 0 0 // EET end (last mod in install order)Standard installation

What I am assuming is, that the banters for Imoen you have in your BIMOEN2.dlg are all from the last mod "ALLTHINGSMAZZY" - would make sense from the ones you listed.

In this case it would make sense to assume that IEP Banters seem to have reset the BIMOEN2.dlg, but this is what is inside the iepbanters.tp2:

Spoiler

// Gives Imoen a banter file if there isn't one already
// ----------------------------------------------------
ACTION_IF NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~bimoen2.dlg~ BEGIN
    <<<<<<<< iepbanters/dialogue/bimoen2.d
  BEGIN BIMOEN2
  >>>>>>>>
    COMPILE ~iepbanters/dialogue/bimoen2.d~
END

In other words, that should only happen if BIMOEN2.dlg doesn't exist already.

EDIT: no, wait. If it would be IEP Banters, then the banters from IEP Banters would be inside your BIMOEN2.dlg, too. So what you see looks like AllThingsMazzy wiped the BIMOEN2.dlg upon installing its own content. I had a look at the mod and didn't see anything that would do that, though. And - these are the kind of bugs that should be noticed earlier.

Which it does in EET because there is banters between Imoen and the EE NPCs inside it.

In other words, I have no idea what happened in your game.

Thanks, Jastey.  I checked the PI Debug for AllThingsMazzy, and didn't see anything that offered any clue; there were no real errors to speak of (as opposed to, say, "Clara not detected. Clara is hiding. Casting True Sight and adding Clara's content" (not sure where they put it?  I didn't see any new options that would have enabled me to save her life).

"Setting up Jan Jansen's Ball of Superdark Darkness.
Error: Insufficient darkness found...
Searching for additional darkness...
Excess darkness found in Viconia's soul.
Harvesting darkness...
Transferring darkness...
Second attempt: Setting up Jan Jansen's Ball of Superdark Darkness.
Ball setup successful."

"Searching for pure, chaste Imoen.
Error: Chaste Imoen not found.
Adding inappropriate sex-loving Imoen.
Sex-loving Imoen added.
Searching for halfling orgy.
No orgy found. Insufficient halflings.
Searching for giant space hamster.
Giant space hamster found.
Miniaturizing initiated.
Miniaturization successful."

Very cute; I got a few chuckles.

Does Petsy leave the game if you don't recruit her upon first meeting?

Haer'Dalis has the stutter-bug, so I'll probably have to drop him.

Okay, the stutterbug tool tells me Haer'Dalis is trying to run block 63 of haerdali.bcs.

If' I've counted my "IFs" properly, than that's this:
IF
    Global("I#HaerDalisFriendship","GLOBAL",1)
    OR(2)
        Global("I#HaerDalisIEPTalks","GLOBAL",5)
        Global("LS_HaerDalisSigil","GLOBAL",1)
    GlobalGT("LS_HaerDalisLovetalk","GLOBAL",3)
    GlobalLT("LS_HaerDalisLovetalk","GLOBAL",13)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,2121299)  // No such index
        SetGlobal("I#HaerDalisIEPTalks","GLOBAL",7)
        RealSetGlobalTimer("I#HaerDalisIEPTimer","GLOBAL",TWELVE_HOURS)

"HaerDalisFriendship" is 1
"HaerDalisIEPTalks" is 7
"LS_HaerDalisSigil" is 1
"LS_HaerDalisLovetalk" is 4

Day 619

Completed:  Rescue raelis and Har'Dalis from the Planar Prison, Free Hendak and the slaves, Find proof of Mae'Var's treachery, Find the kidnappers who buried Tirdir, Put the spirit of the child Wellyn to rest, Locate a caretaker for the orphan Risa, Thieves' Guild stronghold, find the Nether Scroll for Edwin, Rescue Haer'Dalis and his gem from Mekrath, Freed a Djinn, Wine Collector, Besamen and Baisera, For love, the Missing Troll Case, help for Norfalcon Darksbane, Battle Pits of the Copper Coronet, Hunting Isaea, Wing Taker, Raptair.

New or Ongoing:  Solve the riddle in the Sewers (won't complete, did Lover's Ring instead), Idle Hands in Imnesvale, Ruling the de'Arnise keep and lands, Running the Five Flagons playhouse, Journey to the Windspear Hills, Collect the fee for Gaelen Bayle, Solve the "skinner" murders in the Bridge District, the Murder of Acton Balthis, The Cult of the Unseeing Eye - Bunger Wiesner, You can't escape the past (remnant, quest is complete but entry not cleared), missing copper ring, Moiya's debt problem, Bridge's Block's Monster, Missing gloves in the Bridge's Block, Mr. Rat in the Bridge's Block, the Summoner from the Bridge's Block, an Ancient and Restless Spirit, In Pursuit of Moira's assassins (bugged, Anomen released), Imoen found a job, Pirate Legacy, the Golden Globe, The Lover's Ring (remnant, not cleared upon completion), To Be Heir, Kale's Father, A Matter of some Cabbages, Proving Kova's Innocence, Proving Kova's Innocence - Nobles' Murders, Proving Kova's Innocence - Enforcer murders, Breagar's text fragments, Golem Construction Workshop, Brandock and his Half-Ogre twin, Brandock wants to restore his book, Increase Brandock's Lore Wisdom, Necklace of Talos

NPCs' quests/content completed:

Anomen (passed his test; encouter with Saerk bugged), Jaheira (won Harper pin from 'Terminsel'), Neera (refuge quests completed), Dorn (fallen blackguard, having killed both demons), Hexxat (quests for L completed), Rasaad (heresy unmasked), Isra (sister turned over to the government), Haer'Dalis (stutter bug, couldn't solve), Adrian (completed blackmail quest), Wilson (brought to Refuge from cage near monastery)

NPC's parked:  Driz'zt, Kiyone and Kova (until Brynnlaw), Viconia (until Ust Natha), Imoen, Yoshimo and Kachiko (until I leave for Spellhold), Kale (bugged quest), Emily (until return from Underdark

NPC's not yet recruited:  Valygar, Mazzy, Keldorn, Korgan, Cernd, Jan Jansen, Brage, Hubelpot, Petsy, Calin, Auren Aseph, Dace Linton, Will, Ajantis, Branwen, Coran, Tiax, Xan, Quayle, Shar-Teel, Garric, Yeslick, Skie, Eldoth, Alora, Kagain, Dynaheir, Faldorn, Drake, Gavin, Sirene, Helga, Recorder, Vienxay, Fade, Angelo, Anishai, Foundling, Haldamir, Kelsey, Keto, Lena, Nephele, Ninde, Pai'Na, Petsy, Sarah, Minyae, Tyris Flare, Xulaye, Arath, Amber, Evandra, Luxley, Yvette, Breagar, Varshoon

Most of these I haven't played, so I don't know if they have quests/where those quests are.  I thought I'd installed Tashia and Kiara/Zaiya, but it looks like I left them out of the final install, probably because I wasn't sure that they were EET compatible.

Right now my party consists of Kivan, Aerie, Nalia, Edwin and Minsc.  Plus Brandock and Grey.  I think Minsc is supposed to have a quest related to Aerie from Wings or maybe HTaM, but it hasn't popped yet.  We're still going through the de"Arnise Keep events, and Nalia's been quiet a while but she's still flirting so the romance isn't broken.  Edwin became Edwina a few days ago.  Aerie's broken--her flirt dialogue menu pops about once per second.  Except in the tent with Quayle, when she repeats her 'we decided to come back and visit' dialogue at about the same frequency).  With her romance, "Wings" and "HTaM" quests all done (Praxis dead, troll recovered), I think it's time to retire her. 

I've still not searched most zones thoroughly.  I've yet to turn in the Paladin Stronghold quests, nor take on the Cleric, Druid, Ranger, or Mage strongholds, and haven't the faintest idea where to find the Shaman stronghold yet.

XP: 1,154,335/class (14/13/14)
Body Count: 8,345
Gold: 52,182 (increased Gaelan's fee to 150k)

On 9/8/2022 at 6:13 AM, jastey said:

Why this would stutter is clear - the variable that is increased is bypassed by "Global("LS_HaerDalisSigil","GLOBAL",1)". Unfortunately, I don't know how to solve this.

Do you know which mod adds LS_HaerDalisSigil? Would it be fair to say that this mod (whichever one it may be) is incompatible with the IEP mod that adds I#HaerDalisIEPTalks?

Edited by cdds

There are two Keto's in the Five Flagons.  Pretty sure there was only 1 earlier, before I talked to her.

Cernd is an Elementalist and has a miniscule # of spells.  For 7th, only Holy and Unholy Word.  For 6th, only Wondrous Recall.  Even at 1st level, his only choices are Bless and Cure Light Wounds.  Is the Elementalist's portfolio that restricted?  Or were there spheres he didn't get for some reason?

1 hour ago, Oloriniel said:

Cernd is an Elementalist and has a miniscule # of spells.  For 7th, only Holy and Unholy Word.  For 6th, only Wondrous Recall.  Even at 1st level, his only choices are Bless and Cure Light Wounds.  Is the Elementalist's portfolio that restricted?  Or were there spheres he didn't get for some reason?

Sounds like didn’t get any sphere spells at all. How did he become an Elementalist? Which version of the Elementalist is it? (From which mod?) Can you post the contents of d5oelm.2da - or really, just the AP_ entries in the level 1 column?

Do you have any method to change NPCs? (NPC_EE or SCS?) 

From d5oelm.da:

1           2           3           4           5           6           7           8           9           10          11          12          13          14          
ABILITY1    GA_D5_ELEM1 ****        AP_D5_DISP2 ****        AP_D5_DISP3 ****        AP_D5_DISP4 ****        AP_D5_DISP5 ****        AP_D5_DISP6 ****        ****        AP_D5_DISP7

From 15 on was just stars.

The kit change comes from the Artisan's Kitpack, component 5101