First, I mean Second, try at a big(ish) EET install

4 minutes ago, mickabouille said:

Well... no you're not.😓

To be fair there is no indication that anything is there. In fact I only found the ormyrrs' map by accident - I was attacked by some gnolls and trying to reorient my party, I tapped on just the wrong spot near the bottom left corner and got zapped four hours away. I had no idea what was going on. Just some kind of visual indicator that there is content there - a map marker that says "mountain trail" or something like that - would be helpful.

The thing is that there are no such markers on normal areas. The rule is that you just travel to the edge of the map and see where you will be taken. I too, for years, didn't know there is a zombie farm in the game, until one day I found it.

SotSC's aim is to add new stuff and make people finish BG1 more than once so there are many diffen stuff in there. Ormyrr's Peak is just one of them. There is also a Bassilisk Dungeon with the Tree of Shades and also nothing leads you there. There are new artifacts that you may reassemble and the parts are pretty well hidden :) To be honest, even I do not remember where I put them, hah.

Anyway, I know it may be upon 2nd, 3rd or 4th run with SotSC will keep finding new stuff and it's intentional. And those that want to see everything at once, will probably use the list and it says there is a new area in there:

28) Ormyrrs' Peak: a new quest that happens in the new area located west from the Gnoll Stronghold... find the old bones and... talk to them. They're quite bored and could use some company.

So yeah, I know some may not notice it, but perhaps they will next time. I do not want to add notes there only to indicate "there is a mod content here, come and see".

HOWEVER, there is also a nasty bug I found out and some may not see the area if they install Dragonspear UI++ AFTER SotSC (the bug may also prevent NTotSC from showing up, I think, dunno about Balduran Seatower, probably too). I think that this GUI mod overrides something? If you install these quest mods after it, they show on the map, if GUI is installed after this quest mods, they don't. That may be an important note for @jastey, too. I already added a note about that in my readme, IIRC.

Anyway, I am glad you are having fun with the mod and that you are still finding new stuff.

One thing I like in SOTSC is it has a lot of new hidden areas, and they are quite subtle, but still noticeable if you explore around and look closely enough, like always click on the edge of map if you see the change area button, or move the cursor to any weird crevice that you found...The visual clues are generally quite obvious.

I like the feeling of accidentally discovering new areas here and there, as this makes the exploration feels more rewarding, and the old BG1 is full of surprise again.

Discovering the Ormyrrs' Peak is probably the most enjoyable moment for me when playing with this MOD. Adding map notes probably will loss its charm🙂 

Haven’t posted much, as there’s not much to post. I finished out the BG1 campaign, took down Sarevok. Then went to the Northern Citadel, and then took on the orcs in the Fields of the Dead. But more of the NTotSC content requires going through Durlag’s Tower first, so I went there. I went through the tower and the first two dungeon levels, and I’m about to go into the third level. 

Not much to report, except holy cow! is the FnP ‘Spider Swarm’ spell overpowered. Need to tone that down. 

Apparently Yeslick picked up some kind of disease in Durlag's Tower? We're leaving, and he seems to be taking what looks like acid damage every few minutes. He has no kind of portrait icon or status icon indicating anything is affecting him. It's a pain to get savegames off the iPad to inspect them in NI, but once I did, it shows that Yeslick has three op78 Disease effects that seem to be permanent. I think he might have been hit by Grael? Or one of the ghoul lords down there? If I remember that right, then Charname cured him with the aTweaks-enhanced "Cure Afflictions" Bhaal power, which is supposed to cure diseases. But that doesn't seem to have worked. I guess I'll sleep and try the regular Cure Disease priest spell...? I can't tell if this is normal, or a mod interaction, or a bug with EET translating Durlag's Tower to the BG2EE game. The fact that the disease is permanent, and has no status icon so I can't see if any cures are actually working, makes me worried...

EDIT - found it, it is caused by MH#GHLBT.itm.  Is that from the Made in Heaven mod? The item has a weird/incorrect string in its 'name' field, and applies a 'disease' with a 60-second duration, but three kinds of op78 disease with permanent duration. That seems like probably a bug.

Edited by subtledoctor
36 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

EDIT - found it, it is caused by MH#GHLBT.itm.  Is that from the Made in Heaven mod? The item has a weird/incorrect string in its 'name' field, and applies a 'disease' with a 60-second duration, but three kinds of op78 disease with permanent duration. That seems like probably a bug.

That would be @Angel. It sounds like a weird compatibility thing to me tbh.

9 minutes ago, jastey said:

It sounds like a weird compatibility thing to me tbh.

Glancing at the weidu.log, probably MiH's "Revised Corporeal Undead" component. I don't think it's an interaction though, I don't have many other mods that would affect it - no SCS Durlag's, no tactics, no aTweaks undead, etc. I'm a big proponent of "choose a mod to change something, and stick with that one mod."

3 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Glancing at the weidu.log, probably MiH's "Revised Corporeal Undead" component. I don't think it's an interaction though, I don't have many other mods that would affect it - no SCS Durlag's, no tactics, no aTweaks undead, etc. I'm a big proponent of "choose a mod to change something, and stick with that one mod."

It's by design.  A ghoul lord's bite inflicts a rotting disease that lasts until cured, it doesn't go away with rest.  I'm actually glad to read this as it means my dual wielding hack for claw/claw/bite routines works.  Anyway, a Cure Disease, Neutralize Poison or an Elixir of Health should all do the trick.  I actually toned it down a bit from P&P (Ravenloft MM Compendium I) where it is even worse and results in steady con- and cha loss and more damage.

Can't speak for aTweak's "Cure Affliction", I think that only cures disease at a certain level?  Anything that uses opcode #79 Cure: Disease should do the trick just fine.  Guess I'll have to look into that icon issue though.

Just now, Angel said:

It's by design.  A ghoul lord's bite inflicts a rotting disease that lasts until cured, it doesn't go away with rest.  I'm actually glad to read this as it means my dual wielding hack for claw/claw/bite routines works.  Anyway, a Cure Disease, Neutralize Poison or an Elixir of Health should all do the trick.  I actually toned it down a bit from P&P (Ravenloft MM Compendium I) where it is even worse and results in steady con- and cha loss and more damage.

Can't speak for aTweak's "Cure Affliction", I think that only cures disease at a certain level?  Anything that uses opcode #79 Cure: Disease should do the trick just fine.  Guess I'll have to look into that icon issue though.

The Cure Affliction ability uses op79. It's possible I didn't use... maybe I only thought I did, because the status icon disappeared?

tl;dr: I don't mind the disease at all. It's a good addition. The only thing I would complain about is the short duration of the status icon. I don't know why it is limited to 60 seconds; I assume it is  a mistake. It should probably have timing mode 1 just like the weapon's op78 effects. That way the player can have visual feedback showing whether the character is cured or not, without delving into savegame files.

10 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

The Cure Affliction ability uses op79. It's possible I didn't use... maybe I only thought I did, because the status icon disappeared?

tl;dr: I don't mind the disease at all. It's a good addition. The only thing I would complain about is the short duration of the status icon. I don't know why it is limited to 60 seconds; I assume it is  a mistake. It should probably have timing mode 1 just like the weapon's op78 effects. That way the player can have visual feedback showing whether the character is cured or not, without delving into savegame files.

You're right, the timing mode was incorrect.  Fixed in master.

On 9/3/2022 at 8:46 PM, subtledoctor said:

But more of the NTotSC content requires going through Durlag’s Tower first, so I went there. I went through the tower and the first two dungeon levels, and I’m about to go into the third level. 

Does it, still?  I thought so too, but I think if you talk to Avery about the locked altar, and Nadalin will take you to Salamander Island, you'll get the location you otherwise need from Reedrig.