[UI] Bubb's Spell Menu (v5.0.1)

Please Note: EEex is required to use this mod — EEex is (at the time of writing) only available on Windows platforms.

Overview:

This mod seeks to replace the standard actionbar spell selection with an alternative that is more convenient for the player. The primary enhancements over the default spell selection include:

• Displaying all available spells at once, (categorized by level). No more endlessly clicking the right-arrow to get to your 9th level spells!
  • A searchable spell list. Know which spell you want to cast? Just type the first couple of characters and press enter.
  • The ability to narrow view to only Mage or Cleric spells; useful for Mage/Clerics.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

BG:EE (no SoD) :

bgee.thumb.png.2fd0736950d44decfd5ea8b2f6da5f15.png

BG:EE (with SoD) :

sod.thumb.png.715f7b2b055c3127b161e2e1c6104b97.png

BG2:EE :

bg2ee.thumb.png.e257507a72ddfb6aacc4795054d3609e.png

IWD:EE :

iwdee.thumb.png.aec1c147c06c4a0bf3e38bd1ba166595.png

Options screen :

options_screen.thumb.png.62cf71cff0aad64eaa7934afd5f510d5.png

Overlay Mode :

zigaC8i.gif

Installation:

Download: Here

1. Install EEex (forum).
  2. Download the zip file above and copy the contents into your game's base folder.
  3. Run setup-bubb_spell_menu.exe and follow the prompts to install.
  4. Make sure to run the game with InfinityLoader.exe after installing EEex.

Mod Compatibility:

Compatible with the following UI overhauls, (when installed after):

• Dragonspear UI++, (at the time of writing, the latest version can be found in this comment by artyfox; this version is required for compatibility)
  • EET, EET_GUI
  • Infinity UI++
  • LeUI, LeUI-BG1EE, LeUI-IWDEE, LeUI-SoD

UI tweaks can go anywhere in the installation order relative to this mod.

Edited by Bubb
v5.0

The mod uses EEex to pull data directly from the actionbar, so yes, anything that displays via the actionbar's "cast spell" menu will be handled. All spells are displayed unless one of the filters is used, which can limit the view to either Cleric or Mage spells, or by matching a search string.

Edited by Bubb
On 9/12/2023 at 4:49 AM, pencey said:

Would a scroll case button with scrolls organized by level be possible within this framework?

That's a cool idea, though I don't think the engine can use an item while it's inside a bag. Would be an interesting thing to investigate.

Thank you very much for this genuis mod!

I installed it with EET and Dragonspear UI++ using Project Infinity and it always installs the BG2EE theme.

I think the BGEE-SOD theme would look more consistent with the color scheme of Dragonspear UI++?

Is it possible to change the theme after installation? or force to install BGEE-SOD theme?

I already tried to copy the files from \bubb_spell_menu_extended\copy\bgee-sod into my override folder after installation but that doesn’t work. 

21 hours ago, Guest moe23 said:

Thank you very much for this genuis mod!

I installed it with EET and Dragonspear UI++ using Project Infinity and it always installs the BG2EE theme.

I think the BGEE-SOD theme would look more consistent with the color scheme of Dragonspear UI++?

Is it possible to change the theme after installation? or force to install BGEE-SOD theme?

I already tried to copy the files from \bubb_spell_menu_extended\copy\bgee-sod into my override folder after installation but that doesn’t work. 

Hello, glad you like the mod! It's not possible to completely update the skin after installation, (unless you want to dive into the game files and update dozens of values). The way you copied bgee-sod into the override folder should have changed the slots to their SoD variant, so I'm unsure why that didn't work. The code is responsible for tweaking other UI elements.

Did you install the spell menu after Dragonspear UI++? The installer should have detected dragonspear and changed its skin automatically.