Adding Wing Graphics to Cloaks Wearable by PCs

Endarire

14 hours ago, lynx said:

It doesn't. Drawing them. None.

Do things like cloaks even support direct changes to the character's animation in the header? I was under the impression it only works for headslot items, armor, weapons and offhand weapon or shield, hence Erephine made attachable wings as helmets...

Like I said, helmets were chosen because items equipped in the headslot attach an overlay to the animation, wings in this case.

Which animation overlay are you going to overwrite for the cloak? Assuming you could even code the cloak to function as portraying equipped animation (cloaks are blank as it is) if it replaces the helmet overlay you may as well just stick with "wings" as helmets and it clearly has to replace something.

You'll also need different wing animations for those to match the wearer's race and sex, (and possibly even character class depending on what overlay you're replacing).

I think there's a reason no other modder expanded on the huge amount of work Erephine originally put into this.

Edited by polytope
2 hours ago, polytope said:

Like I said, helmets were chosen because items equipped in the headslot attach an overlay to the animation, wings in this case.

Aka, the games characters animations are build around layers of over layed pictures, and when one layer covers another, they are set in an order that is known, and also the animations that are not shown are usually just transparent pixel space, to save room for additional data in the file system, and to save RAM, the few megabytes that we had. Cloaks have nothing that shows them as a layer, which is why the wings were made to occupy the helm slot in the Erephine's mod, as it can be used to display them well.