Rest anywhere not working for me

Guest Bob

Hi,

I've just installed cd tweaks because I wanted the Rest anywhere capability. I did not make a copy of the game first, I installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Project P.

I followed each step of the installer and answered 1 or i to pretty much everything. I accept this may not have been the best idea.

I then started planescape torment enhanched edition, loaded my most recent game save and tried to rest in a location that would be disallowed without the mod, and...was told I could not rest there.

I'm wondering whether I should copy the game folder somewhere else and install again. Or uninstall / reinstall just with the mod or three I actually want. Or perhaps just accept that mods don't work with existing game saves.

Can someone enlighten a mod noob please?

Bob came to the Discord and the problem was sorted by @Angel. Basically, Bob was checking areas in his save from before installing this component. Areas are stored in the save game, so anything that modifies area files (like this component) won't show up if you've already visited the area in your saved game; it was working in the unvisited areas.