Delainy - Cernd

Bri

I will admit that while I have plenty of ideas what the two can discuss...it is hard for me to get enthused about writing Cernd.

Delainy:

"Cernd, there is an...odor...about you...I find it...off-putting..."

Cernd:

"Oh, is something wrong Delainy?  I just bathed recently, so I don't think that is what it could be."

Delainy:

"No, no, that is not what I mean.  It is...well, you can turn into a werewolf, so maybe you know.  Everything has an odor, its own unique scent."

Cernd:

"Ah, that...yes, it was amazing the first time I took on the form of a wolf.  Why, I sat utterly spellbound in a field of flowers.  The grandeur of nature was displayed in front of me, a symphony of scents...a bouquet in front of my nose, if you will..."

Delainy:

"It sounds like you were really taken by it..."

Cernd:

"Indeed.  Much as a blind man who gains sight all at once, it nearly overwhelmed me...and when I turned back, I felt...bereft, lost, until I grew acclimated to my form once more.  However, you weren't interested in my first change of shape, were you?  You spoke of me having an odd...odor..."

Delainy:

"True, Cernd, true.  As you no doubt know, everything has its own scent.  Of course, people who are related tend to have similar scents...just as no wolf would ever mistake a human from cow.  The same holds true for lycanthropes.  I can tell if someone was born a werewolf, like me...or if someone was infected.  The infection...is like a curse, you understand?  A general miasma that clings to them, almost like a sickness, while a born lycanthrope, it is part of them, part and parcel, and it...belongs...but you, you are different.  You smell similar...to the infected werewolves, but you don't smell like them, if that makes sense.  How can that be?"

Cernd:

"Ah, now I understand.  Its true that I possess lycanthropy, much as you would call the cursed ones, but the difference is that in my case it isn't a curse.  You see, through my druidic training, I am able to...control...the affliction as it is..."

Delainy:

"Ah your training, that explains much.  That's why it doesn't feel like a sickness in you, for you have made it part of you, if I understand correctly?"

Cernd:

"Much as the sharp-eyed eagle spots its prey from high above, you have divined the truth of the matter."

Archived