Alter Weapon Proficiency possible conflict with SCS

Ok i initially posted this in SCS forum but it's a bit.. inactive so i repost it here, just in case the issue is on this side.

tl;dr jaheira shapeshifted form does not get assigned the correct proficiencies and she is using.. something

~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2161 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> BG-style weapon proficiencies, with weapon styles [the bigg]: v14
~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #4030 // Improved shapeshifting: 34.3

image.thumb.jpeg.1a1d783acbfd6441ada5e251eb53432a.jpeg

Maybe, though even that has a chance of going wonky. Last I checked, the shapeshift tokens were dagger-class weapons that used and granted katana and dagger proficiencies. The cdtweaks component ... checking, based on the BG-style option ... keys off the proficiency used. But it doesn't update the effects that grant proficiencies. So now the weapon uses "large sword" proficiency, which is stat #103. And it grants the old katana proficiency, which is stat #94 (unused). As well as the old dagger proficiency, which is stat #96 (also unused).

So, that's the problem. If you don't have "large sword" proficiency - which a druid can get since scimitars are valid weapons for them - you aren't proficient with your shapeshift tokens.

There's one weapon in the standard game that the granted proficiency issue matters for - the Black Blade of Disaster BLAKBLAD, which grants longsword grand mastery. And ... actually, I don't see anything for that. As things are now, installing one of the major overhaul options here causes the Black Blade to grant grand mastery in an unused proficiency rather than what the blade now uses. A clear loophole to fix.

As things are now, it won't work properly in either order. Get that loophole in the cdtweaks component fixed, and it'll work if that particular component is installed after the SCS shapeshifting component.

Recommended fix for this component: when an item grants a weapon proficiency as an equip effect, update that granted proficiency in the same way that opcode 233 EFFs are updated.

Edited by jmerry
On 4/25/2023 at 9:48 PM, jmerry said:

They're buggy - for example, dual-classing while you have a Black Blade equipped causes that longsword grand mastery to become permanent for the character - but they work. A mage wielding the Black Blade does get +3 to hit and +5 damage with it.

I thought there was a different bug… like, if the proficiency is an equipping effect then it isn’t applied until you equip the item, which means the proficiency is not present at the moment you equip it and therefore does not register. Or something. I can’t find the discussion now. I could be mistaken. 

While this is an SCS thing, I did catch something else. The IWD/BG proficiency changes already adjust all effects on items/spells/eff files, but the rebalanced option didn't do anything. It now checks if the weapon has a self-referential proficiency set (e.g. Black Blade providing its own Grandmastery) and adjusts these effects to match any changes in the weapon's proficiency.