Version 16 of The Tweaks Anthology Now Available

The Tweaks Anthology is a WeiDU compilation of nearly 200 components of cosmetic changes, house rules, and other tweaks. Some of these were fan requests, others are needed changes, and others simply make dealing with the more irritating aspects of the game engine easier. Each component can be installed separately so the player can pick and choose only which ones they wish to install.

Version 16 features one new component, updated French and Russian translations, and a mess of bugfixes.

New Components in v16:

Make Certain Creatures Immune to Backstab/Sneak Attack [Luke]
BGEE, BG2(EE), BGT, EET, Tutu, IWDEE, oIWD (requires HoW or TotLM), IWD2

Technically speaking, a rogue can backstab / sneak attack only living creatures with discernible anatomies. As a result, this component makes sure all those creatures that lack vital areas to attack are immune to backstabs / sneak attacks. This includes the following creatures:

• Undead
  • Plants
  • Oozes
  • Constructs (all but Flesh Golems)
  • Incorporeal creatures that are not undead (Nishruu, Hakeashar, Mist Horror, Poison Mist, etc.)
  • Demonic creatures
  • Elementals (includes Salamanders)
  • Beholders (due to their 360 degree vision)
  • Celestials (devas, planetars, solars, etc.)
  • Dragons (due to their enhanced senses)
  • Animated weapons (Mordenkainen's Sword)

Complete Version 16 Changelog

"My story is a lot like yours, only more interesting ‘cause it involves robots."

• Added the Make Certain Creatures Immune to Backstab/Sneak Attack [Luke] component, courtesy of Luke
  • Remove Helmet Animations was not removing helmets for clerics on EE games
  • Realized that Thieves Can Backstab With More Weapons With "Use Any Item" would also apply to dual- and multi-class thieves, so the component was made available on more games and renamed Thieves Can Backstab With More Weapons With "Use Any Item" or as Dual- and Multi-Classes
  • Updated the Russian and French translations
  • NPCs Don't Fight stops the Korgan-Aerie fight by blocking the entire series of banters that leads to the confrontation. The component now only blocks the final banter that forces the split.
  • Updated Unique Icons [Lava] and Unique Containers [Miloch] to account for a few more mod versions of items
  • Increase Party Movement Speed and/or Casting Speed Outside of Combat [argent77] will now provide a name/description for these abilities; the portrait icon associated with this will now more accurately reflect the player's selection
  • Add Bags of Holding added a Bag of Holding to Ribald, but this was not mentioned in the docs. The two variants of Unique Icons [Lava] are also better delineated.
  • Change Jaheira to Neutral Good Alignment could throw a warning due to an old GAME_IS check
  • Components which update item descriptions (e.g. the Two-Handed X components) would try to update a description if the item had a string reference in a valid range without checking to see if the string actually existed in the tlk table. This resulted in items getting descriptions of ''. These fields are no longer altered unless both the string reference and string contents are valid.
  • Under-Represented Items and Item Upgrade items have been added to the static item lists for the Two-Handed X components and the PnP restrictions variant of Wear Multiple Protection Items
  • A number of components had minor issues on oIWD games, due to not the slightly different file formats: the Two-Handed X components, Increase Jewelry, Gem, and Miscellaneous Item Stacks, Increase Scroll Stacking, and the PnP restrictions variant of Wear Multiple Protection Items
  • Fixed a bug where needed variables would not be set in passive install scenarios (Tweaks gets automatically reinstalled because a mod earlier in the order gets updated/removed), causing Tweaks components to fail to re-install
  • Fixed bug with Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization [subtledoctor] where it could grant an erroneous half-attack for characters when imported between games, notably from BG to BG2
  • Compatibility fixes for Auril's Bane 1.7. This mod ships with a number of mis-indexed and/or broken files which can cause various Tweaks components to fail. If AB is detected, Tweaks will silently fix these issues.
  • Another round of fixes for Send BioWare NPCs to an Inn. Specifically, Neera and Rasaad could still leave for their normal locations if More Interjections was installed. Also, the option to send Neera to the FAI would sometimes do nothing.
Guest Deucetipher

Good evening. I set up an IWDEE install with the  "Thieves Can Backstab With More Weapons With "Use Any Item" or as Dual- and Multi-Classes" component, so I could backstab with an axe on a dwarven f/m/t. It does not appear to be functional in my install. I checked my log and it was a successful install, but I'll add it here as well. But before I try to go down the trouble-shooting rabbit hole, I wanted to ensure that the behavior I was seeking was in fact intended, and that I did not misunderstand how the component is to work in this iteration. Previously it was written to work with only UAI, so I didn't want to wind up chasing my own tail. I would have attached the projectinfinity .csv, but I don't believe there is an "attach" function here. I'm about to check a few more things, basically trying it on other classes/races, and I'll update if there is anything noteworthy.

Cheers, and thanks for all y'all do.

Weidu Log:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~OURLADY\OURLADY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tale of Our Lady Dreamless (IWD EE) -> Yes, but don't patch existing save games: v2.5
~SNOWYTOES\SNOWYTOES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Snowytoes Hamlet, a new area (IWD EE) -> Yes, but don't patch existing save games: v1.0
~KULDAHAR\KULDAHAR.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Rediscovery of Kuldahar (IWDEE) -> Yes, but don't patch existing save games: v2.0
~SKINEATER\SKINEATER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Terror of the Skineater (IWD EE) -> Yes, but don't patch existing save games: v2.2
~BLINKINGDEAD\BLINKINGDEAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Night of the Blinking Dead (IWD) -> Yes, but don't patch existing save games: 2.2
~INNBB\INNBB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Below & Below Inn (IWD EE) -> Yes, but don't patch existing save games: v2.2
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale NPCs: v9
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // Alternate class for Holvir, IWD-in-BG2 -> Holvir, undead hunter: v9
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // Alternate class for Korin, IWD-in-BG2 -> Korin, multiclass cleric/ranger: v9
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #16 // Alternate class for Nella, IWD-in-BG2 -> Nella, berserker: v9
~IWDNPC/SETUP-IWDNPC.TP2~ #0 #33 // Alternate class for Teri, IWD-in-BG2 -> Teri, multiclass fighter/thief/mage: v9
~TVIY\TVIY.TP2~ #0 #0 // T'viy NPC for IWD:EE: v2.2
~ORRA\ORRA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Orra NPC for IWD:EE: v2.2
~OAKMAW\OAKMAW.TP2~ #0 #0 // Oak-Maw NPC for IWD:EE: 3.0
~LANNA\LANNA.TP2~ #0 #0 // L'anna - a new IWD EE companion: v1.5
~INA\INA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ina NPC for IWD:EE: 2.1
~DUSKY\DUSKY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dusky NPC for IWD:EE: v2.4.1
~DENDJELION\DENDJELION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dendjelion NPC for IWD:EE: v1.3
~KARIHINPC\KARIHINPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Karihi NPC for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 1.0
~MINERVANPC\MINERVANPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // Minerva NPC for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition: 1.0
~HOMMET\HOMMET.TP2~ #0 #0 // Hommet Shaw for IWD EE... because - hey, why not? I'm STARVING. What do they eat in Icewind Dale? Let's check it out.: v0.1
~IWDCROSSMODPACK\IWDCROSSMODPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Icewind Dale Crossmod Banter Pack: 1.4
~FORGEIT-IWD\FORGEIT-IWD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Forgeable artifacts for IWD EE: v1.7
~DRUIDSOR\SETUP-DRUIDSOR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Geomantic Sorcerer Kit: v6
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #90 // Disable Portrait Icons Added by Equipped Items: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #170 // Unique Icons [Lava] -> Only replace icons that aren't already unique: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #182 // Unique Containers [Miloch] -> Unique icons and names: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #190 // Use Character Colors Instead of Item Colors -> For all shields and helmets: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3151 // Remove Annoying Visual Effects from Equipped Items -> Remove all of the above: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2060 // Weapon Styles for All: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced weapon proficiencies: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery [Weimer]: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // Change Grandmastery Bonuses -> True grandmastery [Baldurdash]: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2261 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> PnP table: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2271 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> PnP table: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2281 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> PnP table: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2291 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> No level progression changes, PnP druid/cleric spell table only: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2580 // Alter Wisdom-Based Divine Bonus Spell Table -> Use PnP/PsT Table: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2330 // Remove Delay for Magical Traps [Ardanis/GeN1e]: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2360 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Single-Classes: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2380 // Remove Racial Restrictions for Kits: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2371 // Alter Dual-Class Restrictions -> Allow non-humans to dual-class: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2357 // Alter Multi-Class Restrictions -> Install options one and two (everyone can multi-class anything): v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2420 // Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Cleric Multi- and Dual-Classes: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2430 // Change Equipment Restrictions for Druid Multi- and Dual-Classes -> Loosen equipment restrictions for druid multi- and dual-classes: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2440 // Everyone Gets Bonus APR from Specialization [subtledoctor]: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2590 // Thieves Can Backstab With More Weapons With "Use Any Item" or as Dual- and Multi-Classes: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2999 // Max HP at Level One: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3030 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% learn spells: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3083 // Increase Ammo Stack Size -> Stacks of 120: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3091 // Increase Jewelry, Gem, and Miscellaneous Item Stacks -> Stacks of 40: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3101 // Increase Potion Stacking -> Stacks of 40: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3111 // Increase Scroll Stacking -> Stacks of 40: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3121 // Happy Patch - Alter How Party NPCs Complain About Reputation -> NPCs can be angry about reputation but never leave [Salk]: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3242 // Friendly Random Drops -> Exchange with merchants: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3280 // Give Every Class/Kit Four Weapon Slots: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3290 // Personalize Automatic Save Names -> Use scheme: 000000000-Protagonist-Save-Name: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3320 // No Depreciation in Stores: v16
~CDTWEAKS\SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3350 // Create Interval Saves [argent77] -> Every 15 minutes (one save only): v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #130 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3040 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3205 // Stores Purchase All Item Types: v16

Guest Deucetipher

Ok, I tried a few things last night: I made traditionally legal f/t and f/m/t, still didn't work. I then did a new install in of BGTEE, made a f/m/t (installed the component again, obv) and it did not work again.

The component is not designed to expand the weapon categories a thief can backstab with--thieves can't backstab with axes, so the component doesn't enable backstabbing with them.

What it does is a little more subtle: weapons in categories that thieves can normally use to backstab but are, for one reason or another, restricted from single-class thieves (and therefore can't be used to backstab) are changed so that you can backstab with them. The easiest example is the Staff of the Magi, which is otherwise usable by mage-thieves and fighter-mage-thieves but (without this component) cannot be used in a backstab despite staves being a legal backstab weapon. Other items in BG2 that fall under this: Staff of Curing, Staff of Thunder and Lightning, Rod of Smiting, and the Ninjatō of the Scarlet Brotherhood.

I'm not sure if any of the items in the base game from BGEE/SoD and IWDEE qualify, though it's still available so that it can catch mod-added items.

My install on BG:EE had some issues. When i installed use thievery skills even on armor (with penalties), the game changed and shuffled the descriptions of many armors, when i unninstalled this feature, everything got back to normal.

Also, the feature that make normal equipments breakable on BG:EE until Naskhel mine is solved is being applied in the Black Pits too, thus, breaking the equipments there.

For cdtweaks v16, component 1080 adds bags of holding using the bag04.itm packaged with the mod. It's base price is set incorrectly at 500 gp. Setting aside concerns of balance, bags of holding in BG2 are priced at 10,000 gp each. I think it's reasonable for cdtweaks to use 10,000 gp as the base price of the added bags of holding rather than 500.

This is in reference to a BG1:EE install.

Edited by agris
9 minutes ago, agris said:

Setting aside concerns of balance, bags of holding in BG2 are priced at 10,000 gp each.

Every bag of holding in BG2EE is priced at 500 GP. As are most of the bags in BGEE. The only exception is BAG31, which has that 10K price you quoted - and that bag has 20x the capacity of BAG04 anyway, so it's not hard to justify a price difference when the bags exist in the same game. BAG31 is the one you can buy in SoD, so its price matters - but it's very much the exception.

Balls, I thought it was 10000 gp in BG2

That SoD price should be the standard, but I understand that’s a different conversation than this. I was shocked at how cheap it was in BG1:EE and saw the fandom wiki page for it list the price as 10k. I mistakenly assumed that was the non-enhanced BG2 price.

Edited by agris

I'm not sure these have anything to do with this mod, but --

You can't put bodies in the BoHs, at least the one from the noble girl in the sewer in BG.  You should be able to do this and it shouldn't contribute to encumbrance.

Also, you can't put Marek's Potion of Antidote into a potion case.

Edited by Axatax

There are a few item types that can't go in the standard bags of holding, yes. "Bodies" is one of those. Actually, three of those; the game distinguishes child bodies, male bodies, and female bodies. (The item MISC79 "Female Body" is classified as a male body.)

As for Marek's antidote ... what game version are you playing? In the current game, that's definitely classified as a potion, and goes in the case. Lothander's bottle of useless colored liquid isn't a potion, though.

14 minutes ago, jmerry said:

As for Marek's antidote ... what game version are you playing? In the current game, that's definitely classified as a potion, and goes in the case. Lothander's bottle of useless colored liquid isn't a potion, though.

Ah.  That's probably what I'm thinking of.  The 'real' potion can be put into the case, the useless one can't.

Taerom Makes Additional Ankheg Armor

More ankheg armors by Taerom

It seems silly that Taerom constantly complains how the business is slow, yet he will only make you one suite of ankheg plate, and not more, even if you have both money and materials. This component enabled him to make as many as you need.

https://github.com/BGforgeNet/bg2-tweaks-and-tricks/blob/master/docs/stores.md

Tweaks and Tricks adds similar component maybe warn the player in the readme or weidu install to use only one.

Hello.

Does anyone use the "Faster Cutscenes" component (non-silly version, number 3141) on oBG2 ? Does it work for you ? To be more precise, does the first cutscene with Irenicus (the "the child of bhall has awaken" one) get shortened ? All the others work correctly.

I was reviewing my notes for local modifications today and noticed that for a long time i have been changing faster_start.tpa tp make the component work but forgot to report it here.

commit b7c0b77a6dace66fa7904767d55b957dce429885
Commit:     CamDawg <pcamagna@yahoo.com>
CommitDate: Thu Mar 12 10:22:32 2020 -0700

Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes & Dreams fix for BG2EE/EET

The compatibility-friendly, but decidedly more finicky, text matches for this
    component was falling down when modifying the BG2 opening cutscene and the dream
    scripting. The matches have been adjusted accordingly.

diff --git a/cdtweaks/lib/faster_start.tpa b/cdtweaks/lib/faster_start.tpa
index 1184aa7..b9d9364 100644
--- a/cdtweaks/lib/faster_start.tpa
+++ b/cdtweaks/lib/faster_start.tpa
@@ -243,15 +243,17 @@ COPY_EXISTING ~movie02c.bcs~ ~override~

COPY_EXISTING ~newgame.bcs~ ~override~
   DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
+    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~//.+$~ ~~
+    REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%]+~ ~ ~
     REPLACE_TEXTUALLY
-      ~DisplayStringHead(Myself,5388)[ %TAB%%LNL%%MNL%%WNL%] blah blah very long code
+      ~DisplayStringWait(Myself,5388).+PlaySound("EFF_P18") Wait(3)~
       ~%newgame_sub%~
   COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
   BUT_ONLY

The above commit improved the code to use a regular expression instead of searching for a huge string but, as you see,  it also changed "Head" to "Wait". My version of the game (fully patched but old TOB version that installs to BGII - SoA directory) has DisplayStringHead, so, as you understand, the code doesn't replace anything.

Does the newgame.bcs in EE or GOG versions of the game contain DisplayStringWait ?