Morpheus562's Kitpack

37 minutes ago, kevinmaa said:

Sure, can't wait for the official release!

Thank you, the goal is soon! I took a look and the fault lies with Skills and Abilities, not the kitpack. I have the wrong row set for Spear, but that is now corrected and will be fixed in my next release. I appreciate the feedback!

In the interim, feel free to make a correction using near infinity. You can go into weapprof.2da and change the polearm value from 0 to 2 for MO_STORMLORD. You'll then see polearm appear.

Edited by morpheus562
On 11/7/2022 at 6:47 AM, morpheus562 said:

I'm struggling with the disadvantages for the Dragoon. I am leaning towards a -2 AC Penalty since their focus is on movement and crippling enemy movement. Thoughts on if this is a good tradeoff?

I checked your GitHub kit_descriptions.tra file, this kit has an extra passive 20% 2D10 knock back attack, hamstring causes enemy slow in movement for 2 round. 

I’m thinking with this kind of unique mechanism -2 AC probably not enough. Perhaps armor type can only reach to scale armor and fatigue penalty with each successful hit?

Wearing scale armor so they are dragon knight can move faster than wearing plate mail, fatigue penalty so they can use their special martial art to knock back enemy.

You can also make a connection to let “Second Wind” in “Skill and Abilities” restore some fatigue in a tough fight.

15 hours ago, kevinmaa said:

I checked your GitHub kit_descriptions.tra file, this kit has an extra passive 20% 2D10 knock back attack, hamstring causes enemy slow in movement for 2 round. 

I’m thinking with this kind of unique mechanism -2 AC probably not enough. Perhaps armor type can only reach to scale armor and fatigue penalty with each successful hit?

Wearing scale armor so they are dragon knight can move faster than wearing plate mail, fatigue penalty so they can use their special martial art to knock back enemy.

You can also make a connection to let “Second Wind” in “Skill and Abilities” restore some fatigue in a tough fight.

With 10apr and character level of 21+, that 20% chance will create an average of +2 damage per hit. Looks big at first, but it doesn't really add too much. All slow/knockback effects are saveable, so I see their effectiveness diminishing as the game moves to the end of SoA and into Tob. I thought about scale male and below, but that really diminishes the description of the heavily armored knight. This has been the hardest one for me to think of good disadvantages for out of any of the kits I've made.

For the Dragoon, you've already hit it with some very significant weapon restrictions. Weapon restrictions are the only penalty berserkers have. Your battle master has the same restrictions but slightly looser, also being able to use 2handed swords, and does not have any further disadvantages. I think the dragoon as-is would be fine with just the weapon restrictions, unless you are designing your kits around mods that are so generous to polearms that being limited to them is much less of a drawback than in the unmodded game.

Created the Deathbringer Prestige Kit that players can choose at level 15. This prestige kit requires a player meet the following prerequisite requirements:
– Character level 15 in pure class fighter
– No kits nor multi/dual classing
– Must be evil alignment

I plan to do more prestige style kits going forward, and I like the possibilities this opens up.

Edited by morpheus562
Guest Morgoth

I have to ask: why would I play a vanilla fighter, forsaking me from:
- good kits (Berserker, Barbarian, Kensai, ranger) and their bonus (Berserker: rage; Barbarian: Their % resistance; kensai: being a great glass cannon; ranger: backstabs)
- stopping from dualling
- Forcing to me to play 15 levels (that's going near half of the levels you are supposed to get in game...) 

just to get the prestige class. What does this prestige class offer that is so great to play the game just to get it ? 

5 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

- good kits (Berserker, Barbarian, Kensai, ranger) and their bonus (Berserker: rage; Barbarian: Their % resistance; kensai: being a great glass cannon; ranger: backstabs)
- stopping from dualling
- Forcing to me to play 15 levels (that's going near half of the levels you are supposed to get in game...) 

just to get the prestige class. What does this prestige class offer that is so great to play the game just to get it ? 

Slight tweak, but each enemy the Deathbringer kills will increase the Deathbringer's physical damage by +10% (cumulative) for two rounds. Additionally, Deathbringer Assault is a +200 damage hit that will likely outright kill most enemies. Finally, having the ability to lower target strength for 2 rounds each time they are hit is useful too. 

Guest Connelly

If anything, it should be neat as an alternative/update to the Sarevok component of NPCKit. Giving you the choice to get it as well should be nice for roleplaying. How exactly would one acquire it, though? As a dual class option?

The chance to stun reminds me, in the Beamdog forum there was a fix for Deathbringer Assault.

This is a weidu fix for Sarevok's Deathbringer Assault for ToB that I made quite a while ago and forgot about. Sarevok's special attack had numerous inconsistencies and issues with it which I have fixed. First, The massive 200 points of damage would not affect creatures under level 8. Second, When Sarevok does his bonus damage he is supposed to laugh at the target, but he would instead laugh at random intervals, whether his bonus damage happened or not. Third, his attacks also have a chance to stun enemies, but there was no string displayed when this happened so it was hard to tell that it had taken place. I have fixed all of these issues.

Fixing those other two issues isn't terribly important, but any chance you've looked at them?

12 hours ago, Guest Morgoth said:

- stopping from dualling

If someone wants to roleplay a pure fighter, that's reason enough. The mod also applies the kit to Sarevok by default, so it strikes me as an effort to update the Sarevok component of NPC Kitpack but also allowing the player access to it.

Mod synergy wise, imagine that you use a fighter overhaul mod, like the one in Artisan's Kitpack. The pure fighter kit gets several abilities that make it worthwhile to go pure up to lv 20. Up to lv 15 you get three skills (Power Attack, Expertise, and Rapid shot, and improved versions of them). That already isn't bad at all, but you also get specialization in all weapons at lv16 (great for flexibility) and an additional 1/2 apr at 20.

Looking at the code, I see the mod allows you to gain the kit only at 15 and not a single level above that. If that limit wasn't there and you could gain the skills retroactively, you could end up with a very scary dps that doesn't need self-buffing as badly as others. But even with only the pre-lv15 skills, this is a very hard hitting melee.

2 hours ago, Guest Connelly said:

If anything, it should be neat as an alternative/update to the Sarevok component of NPCKit. Giving you the choice to get it as well should be nice for roleplaying. How exactly would one acquire it, though? As a dual class option?

Once the player turns level 15 (and meets the prerequisites) the essence of bhaal will speak with the player and give them the option to become a Deathbringer. The player can then choose yes or no. If yes, the kit is assigned to the player for their existing fighter class and they will become the Deathbringer.

2 hours ago, Guest Connelly said:

The chance to stun reminds me, in the Beamdog forum there was a fix for Deathbringer Assault.

Fixing those other two issues isn't terribly important, but any chance you've looked at them?

I looked at it and scratched my head. I see what is going on and will probably just remove the stun effect.