[iwd] Closing a 20-year old plot hole

CamDawg

13 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I think the issue is, there are voiced lines. No?

Yes, it's the chapter text screen with voiced narration.

Out of curiosity, I went back to look at the IWD design docs. Originally the jarl had a wardstone to access LDD, so if we deem this as Not A Fix I'll address it in Unfinished Business.

15 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I think the issue is, there are voiced lines. No?

1 hour ago, CamDawg said:

Yes, it's the chapter text screen with voiced narration.

If needed, I can have a look. I do have a few competences on audio edition.

Share the uncompressed .wav.

You'll have to go back to oIWD for the files. IWDEE overlays the original sound file from oIWD (narr_ch6) with background music (the chap0 soundtrack in ACM) into the combined narr_ch6 file in IWDEE.

If we decide to truncate the line (even selectively), we need to check non-English versions. The English version is best-case as the bit to be removed is at the beginning of the line, and the narration inflection is still correct starting mid-sentence.

1 hour ago, Sam. said:

I think I have the multi-lingual version of oBG2, but not oIWD.  Here's the original version of the files in English from oIWD:

NARR_CH6_oIWD.WAV

chap0A.WAV

Thanks. As had said Camdawg, every existing dubbed language gonna have to be edited.

So what should be done exactly for English, Just remove the "Leaving the horrors of the frost giant caves behind them"? Or something like "Leaving the horrors behind them, the party..." would be better?

Oh, and I feel like the very last syllable is missing "Lower Dorn's Dee-." Should I try to fix it too? If so, I will need more dubbing from the same actor (the other chapters narration with the sound "P" should do it). I tried to in my files but I'm sure i can do better with more content.

@14448 = ~Leaving the horrors of the frost giant caves behind them, the party made their way into the deepest tunnels of the dwarven complex. In the distance, a bright red glow emanated from the mouth of a large corridor, indicating that they were not alone in the darkness of Lower Dorn's Deep.~ [NARR_CH6]

Here are 2 different tries:

https://filetransfer.io/data-package/HNSjyNe5#link

Edited by Jazira