BG2EE + SCS = Jaheira stuck at lvl 1

Guest Vall

Hello,

I just bought BG2EE and installed SCS. I started a new game and when I open up Jaheira cage she has one level up. Once I do it she's stuck at lvl 1 fighter and lvl 1 druid without the option to lvel up again. I couldn't find any more info about this issue, did I install SCS wrong? Or I need an option turned on?

Thanks for the help.

Improved NPC customisation and management (BGEE,BG2EE,EET)

This component makes it much easier to customise NPCs and to make sure they keep up with your main character even if you swap them in and out of the group. When it is installed, NPCs (including mod-added NPCs) join your party at level zero. If you want, you can activate a special 'customise' power on their innate abilities to change their class and kit to whatever you like. After that, you can level the character to first level and choose their proficiencies, skills and the like. The character will continue levelling until they reach about the same level as your character. (The 'customise' power is unavailable once you increase above level zero.)

If you kick the NPC out of the party and subsequently re-recruit them, they will again start levelling until they reach about your character's level. (To be more precise: they are given that level which they would have if they had as much XP as you do; they get given exactly the right amount of XP to reach that level.)

Engine limitations lead to a few slight awkwardnesses with this component. Firstly, thieves don't gain quite the right number of skill points at level one. To fix this, thieves are given one-off innate abilities that allow you to increase your thief skills by the missing amount. Secondly, mages and bards have their spellbooks selected from a fixed list (you don't get to choose yourself). Thirdly, if you have the Party AI disabled, you may occasionally notice minor glitches in the amount of experience your characters receive (this will be most noticeable if you use the customise program to change a character's class). Turning AI back on (even if only briefly) will resolve this (though it is possible to get a slightly-too-high level character if you change from single-class to multiclass and then level without AI on.

You installed this SCS component. Enable party AI or re-recruit Jaheira and it should work.