Red Potion's Magic Damage Resistance Not Functioning

I don't know if this has already been fixed for the next update, but I'll post this for reference:

The problem is with the opcode 31 (magic damage resistance). Using type 0 (add +50%), it doesn't seem to work. This is what the item effect uses.
Type 1 (setting to 50%) does work. This issue is only with magic damage resistance. The increment mode works for other damage types.

From a quick check, the only 2 items/spells that use opcode 31 are 2 potions: EDIT: also a helm

• potn15 - red potion
  • potn35 - potion of magic shielding
  • cdrelm - Remorrhaz Shell Helm

Note that Red Potion is probably only supposed to reduce "magic damage", not elemental damage. The description's not really clear on that. For the EE version, it's re-worded to make it clear it specifically gives magic damage resistance.

Edited by Dan_P
5 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

Strange: opcode 31 with type 0 seems to work perfectly fine for items you equip (using any kind of timing mode, be it 0, 1, 2, or 9), but nothing seems to apply when you do it through a .spl (and possibly an .itm's extended effects?).

I checked again. It doesn't work on equips for me. I tested on several different item types, including the "cdrelm" item I mentioned above.

13 hours ago, Dan_P said:

I checked again. It doesn't work on equips for me. I tested on several different item types, including the "cdrelm" item I mentioned above.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/wbh5cc16rqxqkic/Baldur_nvZ7vov601.mp4

I can report something else strange as well: yesterday, I changed Potion of Fire Resistance's opcode 30 (fire resistance) to opcode 31 (magic damage resistance) and it didn't want to work at all. Today, I do the same thing and suddenly it worked. I don't get it.

29 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/wbh5cc16rqxqkic/Baldur_nvZ7vov601.mp4

I can report something else strange as well: yesterday, I changed Potion of Fire Resistance's opcode 30 (fire resistance) to opcode 31 (magic damage resistance) and it didn't want to work at all. Today, I do the same thing and suddenly it worked. I don't get it.

It might be different between BG2 and IWD, then, though sounds like there might be some issues, in general, with opcode 31.

I haven't tested it in BG2, but for IWD, it works a little differently. Magic damage resist doesn't display in the record screen, even when it works (using the opcode with Type 1). The other damage resists are always displayed in the record screen, even at 0%. I only know Type 1 works and Type 0 doesn't because Type 1 reduces the damage and shows the damage resisted message in the dialogue box, while Type 0 does nothing.

I haven't tested it in spell effects, but for item equips and item abilities, it doesn't seem to do anything in IWD.