News, Progress, Updates

Cmorgan did a great job with the sound files corrections, so the alpha needs to be updated. It also needs to be tested, and so far nobody stepped forward, so it will probably be done after I get back in May.

Edited by Domi
Guest Manduran

Hi and first of all thanks a lot for your all your efforts in modifying Baldur's Gate!

WOW! :)

I really enjoy using your mods, thanks a lot!

The NPC mod for BG1 is the one I was really looking for.

The only thing i wonder is, is there a a possibility to release a "traified" version for BGT, so that we would be able to translate the mod in german?

:)

TRA'fying is one our list for the next version :p

I've met Andyr in London and he is every bit as nice in person as over the net! Besides having fun, we held some "cladestine" talks, and sort of ironed out the tentative plans for the full and final completion of the mod, including the TRAs.

And another thing that we both feel very excited and greatful to welcome Cmorgan who joined the team and done a huge amount of work in a whirlwind fashion. He put together Dynaheir's long staged quest, which had been collecting dust for good two years.

So, it looks like the next version will have a goodly amount of the new content as long as the bug fixes - thanks to everyone who reported the problems meanwhile, offered fixed material and coded the new components!

Guest Guest

We are working on v12 alpha 4, evaluating the reported bugs and (thanks to Icelus) making sure that we are mutually compatable with the much-anticipated BG1 Unfinished Business for Tutu!

We could really use some works-in-progress playtesters for some components, starting about May 28th. Please let us know if you have the time, and either a

Tutuv4 TutuFixv15

or

EasyTutu (April release)

install!

Hello -

We are working on v12 alpha 4, evaluating the reported bugs and (thanks to Icelus) making sure that we are mutually compatable with the much-anticipated BG1 Unfinished Business for Tutu!

We could really use some works-in-progress playtesters for some components, starting about May 28th. Please let us know if you have the time, and either a

Tutuv4 TutuFixv15

or

EasyTutu (April release)

install!

I could probably set you up with a (mostly?) completed distribution of the next version of EasyTutu by that time, if you snag testers. Testing on that would be much more fruitful, since the journal work has occasioned a tremendous amount of dialog editing.

That would be extremely cool! So, oh alpha test volunteers, you get a preview of cool stuff and new content from BG1NPC, an updated EasyTutu with a huge list of fixes to the original Tutu/BG1, and prepare for the ultimate (so far) combo:

easy, clean, independent install, all sorts of fixes, resolutions to unfinished quests/restorations, and npc quests/interjections/romances/challenges.

Plus you have made the world just a little bit more fun.

Now, how can you resist :)

Just wanted to say ma-a-a-ny thanks to the Bigg for helping with the nifty code for moving 4 NPCs to the new starting locations. A bit more patience, beheading... er... working with Alora, and it should be ready for testing as well. Again, this component will allow you to find Alora, Eldoth, Quayle and Tiax before Chapter 4. :)

ZOMG! BG1NPC is dead! JK. Cmorgan does incredible amount of work with Yeslick's devotion and Alora's enthusiasm. Bugs are being fixed, new stuff added, old codes updated to newer and shinier ones. Thanks to the Bigg and Cam a couple of lovely extras were added. As for release date, this time, guys, it will be done when it will be done, seeing how we've commited to TRA'fy this version.

I think the quick summary of things that are being tested now are Bug reports corrections and codes improvements; Move to the inn; Alternative starting locations; Enable neutral NPCs "happy" sounds in the mid-reputation range; Dynaheir's quest; Shar-Teel's additional dialogues for fallen ranger/paladin.

And yep, you've all heard it before, but the more testing help Cmorgan will get, the faster the release will come....

Edited by Domi