News, Progress, Updates

Well, this looks like a "CamDawg to the Rescue" thing... I can see you, but the group is "awaiting Authorization" and the PM says that the mailbox is full. Once Cam investigates, I have all the info set up for you, and can get it sent within minutes!

Well, this looks like a "CamDawg to the Rescue" thing... I can see you, but the group is "awaiting Authorization" and the PM says that the mailbox is full. Once Cam investigates, I have all the info set up for you, and can get it sent within minutes!

I'm valid as of 10 minutes ago. I can now see my PMs so it should work now.

We are on track for release; Playtesters, we do have some things that we would love you to check out, if you can spare the time in the next twelve days.

Pre-Release Schedule:

Monday, August 21st, 2006: Final Call and release of TRA version to playtesters

We will have v12 alpha 12 (a nice, well balanced number :() up by 5pm CST for you to weigh in on. This one will be completely converted to TRA. If you don't know what that means, don't worry - it is a behind the scenes word for "modernized and set up for translation to other languages".

Monday, August 28th, 2006: Last Call for Playtesters to report in changes/problems

I know it is only a week, but we are on a deadline, so if you get a chance to help please do.

Tuesday, August 29th, 2006: Final wrap-up -

otherwise known as "fix everything you can, mark down everything unfixed for this version as a Known Issue, and get it out the door".

During the day Tuesday I will package the materials for distribution by 5 pm and send it off to CamDawg and the appropriate mirror sites.

Release Schedule:Wednesday, August 30, BG1NPC v12 will be released for public use (or, of course, whatever date the various hosts put it online!

Future Update Schedule:

Just because we put it out the door does not mean there won't be issues. We are really trying for a bug-free release, but that is the goal, not the reality ;). Please keep sending in bug reports after the official release, based on that release; just understand that instead of hours or days with turnaround, we will be back to weeks and months (summer vacation is over, and everyone on the project team is definitely actively participating in RL).

December 1st, 2006: first check-in point for available Translation files and v12 buglist.

May 1st, 2007: second check-in point for available Translation files and v12 buglist.

June 28th, 2007: final check-in point for available Translation files and v12 buglist.

At this point, barring a sudden resurgence of Tutu/BGT merger talks (or project team members suddenly finding themselves out of work or similarly having tons of free time at their disposal ) the last work done on BGNPC for translations, active bug support, and cleanup will be the summer 2007 release v14.

Housekeeping:

• Please make sure your name is correct on the Credits section of the main forum, because that is the list of folks going into the ReadMe.

12 days until release, folks! :p

Kudos to cmorgan and everyone who is involved in the technical aspects of this release.

I don't mean to disrespect my fellow playtesters, but our job is a pleasant one: play a game we love. Oh, the horrors!

Hunting down and squashing all those bugs is something else entirely. Cmorgan and all the rest, I salute your hard work and dedication. I'd like to buy you all a virtual beer.

Hello,

am I missing something or is the updated version still not available? I've been looking forward to giving this mod (and Tutu in general) a go for a while now, but decided to wait for the new version, mainly because some components of v11 don't seem to work for me (no ToTSC). All the download links still link to v11, and there's been no progress report for a while. Is it not ready yet (the posts from last week seem to indicate it is), or is this just a problem with hosting?

Thanks,

TTL

Sorry for the delay, folks -- everything is ok; we are just getting the mod through the pipeline, giving a final check of the tp2, and getting it out to the various distibution site; CamDawg is on the job!

This release will be a Beta release, for Windows versions of Tutu only; it has all content and what we have tested extensively included. We want to get feedback from everyone and double-check everything one last time before a full Windows/Mac release by the end of September. You should feel confident the Beta release is the final release; any tweaking left will be very minor :p

Guest Wanderer
Sorry for the delay, folks -- everything is ok; we are just getting the mod through the pipeline, giving a final check of the tp2, and getting it out to the various distibution site; CamDawg is on the job!

This release will be a Beta release, for Windows versions of Tutu only; it has all content and what we have tested extensively included. We want to get feedback from everyone and double-check everything one last time before a full Windows/Mac release by the end of September. You should feel confident the Beta release is the final release; any tweaking left will be very minor :p

Can Mac users safely try out the beta with Loriel's tuMac program?

Well, I don't know, but I think it depends if The Bigg has built a Mac version of WeiDU v195. He has been working darned hard on the updates, so it is possible, but both the Beta v12 and the final version rely on new features in v195. They will not work/will not allow install with versions earlier than that :p. One of the reasons to go with a Beta release for public testing even after a summer of intensive testing and revision is to allow a release that will be for both Mac and PC; that is, time for The Bigg to work his WeiDU magic and come up with cross-platform versions.

WeiDU v195 for Mac was made available simultaneously with the Windows version, and I compiled a Mac version of v196 yesterday, so there's no problem there. :p If I understand correctly, "for Windows versions of Tutu only" simply means there won't be a copy of weidu-mac and an applicable .command file included? If so, Mac users may not even need to use TuMac - unless you've added .tiz and / or .ogg files since v11.

Guest Wanderer
Well, I don't know, but I think it depends if The Bigg has built a Mac version of WeiDU v195. He has been working darned hard on the updates, so it is possible, but both the Beta v12 and the final version rely on new features in v195. They will not work/will not allow install with versions earlier than that :p. One of the reasons to go with a Beta release for public testing even after a summer of intensive testing and revision is to allow a release that will be for both Mac and PC; that is, time for The Bigg to work his WeiDU magic and come up with cross-platform versions.

Well, the Mac v196 is apparently still pending, but there is one of v195. And hey, I appreciate that many of the more popular/stable quest and tweak packs are ported with the most up-to-date versions. I was just holding off on starting a new game with all the fanfare about a new NPC Project download. I suppose I could just try out UB with non-tutu instead...