[Idea] Bhaalspawn abilities...

I like the idea but I'm not sure we could guarantee that the abilities you regained would be the same as the ones you lost. We can base it on abstart.2da, but I remember being told once that it doesn't seem to be a reliable in determining what abilities you get at the beginning of the game. Also, if you imported your character from BG1 then you'll have yet another selection of abilities. I may be completely wrong on both these counts and the abilities you lost are entirely predictable.

I like the idea but I'm not sure we could guarantee that the abilities you regained would be the same as the ones you lost. We can base it on abstart.2da, but I remember being told once that it doesn't seem to be a reliable in determining what abilities you get at the beginning of the game. Also, if you imported your character from BG1 then you'll have yet another selection of abilities. I may be completely wrong on both these counts and the abilities you lost are entirely predictable.

You can do a check when the character is created, to save in globals the spells you had.

If you have 2 copies of Minor Cure Wounds, for example, you'll have 0 copies of Larloch, and as such you can also know the exact count.

Run the following script (repeated for other spells) on Player1:

IF
 HasSpell(INNATE_CURE_WOUNDS)
 Global("innate_cure_wounds","global",0)
 InPartySlot(Myself,1)
THEN
 RESPONSE #100
   SetGlobal("innare_cure_wounds","global",1)
END

You can use DPLAYER3 (or 2, or whatever it was) to track this, since at start-up you'll have the AI on.

Then, after killing Jon, you'll get 1 minor cure wounds if innate_cure_wounds global is 1, and another if innate_larloch is 0. If the player never had AI on, both innate_cure_wounds and innate_larloch at 0; if in chapter 5 both these are 0, then set another variable and use abstart.2da instead.

@the bigg: Thanks, if my memory is failing me over the problems with abstart.2da and BG1 importing, that would be a good way to go about things.

@Galactygon: Yes, yes... they are based on alignment. My point is that the indication we have on how it is based on alignment is abstart.2da, which is possibly not reliable and is also possibly different to how BG1 distributed them.

* Idobek sighs

Let me try again. During BG1 the powers a distributed based upon reputation. When you import a BG1 character to BG2 you keep the abilities you gained in BG1. If you create a character in BG2 the the powers are distrbuted based upon alignment.

Since your abilities are somewhat connected to your soul, it would be nice to change them according to your choices in the HTs IMO. I believe that is what they are there for.

Yeah, but they clearly don't change during the game before you lose them. So I say if you get them back, they should be the abilities you had before.

Archived