[Idea] Bhaalspawn abilities...

Yeah, but they clearly don't change during the game before you lose them.  So I say if you get them back, they should be the abilities you had before.

Yes, I agree. They should be whatever six powers you had originally.

Well, in a standard game you don't ever change alignment, excluding Hell Trials, which are too late anyway.

Perhaps we should 'gently' ask SimDing0 to add Bhaalspawn abilities change to Virtue instead :undecided:

That won't make a lot of sense to people who got the high-Reputation abilities despite being Evil in BG, or got the low-Reputation ones despite being Good. "I was Chaotic Evil with 2xCure Light Wounds, 2xSlow Poison, and 2xDraw Upon Holy Might before, and Irenicus stealing my soul made this impossible!"

Apart from DUHM IIRC which innate ability is really that useful once you are in BG2?

With Virtue it is a quite interesting point, if your abilities are granted permanently whenever you get them or, if they are a concurrent manifestation of your divine blood and would shift with every alignment change?

If not anywhere else, I would think the HTs to be a perfect spot to define your new regained abilities.

When I come to do Virtue for Tutu, I'll definitely alter the assignment of Bhaalspawn abilities, because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense basing them on reputation.

I'm not sure what I think of the idea of Bhaalspawn abilities shifting.as your alignment changes. I guess it does make sense for innates like that, but gah. More coding. :undecided:

Archived