BG1 NPC Project - Banter Pack installation

Lemernis

I'm a little confused by the message I get at the end after I run BG1NPC-v8 and BG1NPCMusic-v3. Both programs tell me that I need to run them again to install the mod. I followed those instructions, and ran them both twice, but they say the same thing at the end.

I have BG1Tutu installed and it works fine.

Should I now have the Banter Pack installed when I play the game?

Browse to the directory to which you have installed your Tutu game (if you don't know WTH am I talking about, go to c:\program files\black isle\bgii - soa) and click twice on setup-bg1npc.exe and setup-bg1npcmusic.exe.

Browse to the directory to which you have installed your Tutu game (if you don't know WTH am I talking about, go to c:\program files\black isle\bgii - soa) and click twice on setup-bg1npc.exe and setup-bg1npcmusic.exe.

Ah, hmm. Thanks. On my computer I have all my BG stuff on a separate drive, F drive, so the path where I downloaded those .exe files was to F:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA in a folder created called "bg1 banter pack". I have twice double clicked on those .exe files and run them both. Should I move those .exe files out of that "bg1 banter pack" folder to the "BGII - SoA" folder and run them there again?

Addendum: Okay, got it, the set-up files were there in BGII - SoA. Good to go. Thanks. :undecided:

The easy way to check if your pack installed is to try to initiate (click-talk) the conversation with an NPC. If you see not 'NPC has nothing to say to you' text, then you are OK. Yes, you can restart from a saved game.

Thanks for the help guys. :thumbsup:

I'm in the middle of a game and I keep stumbling onto other features I would like to add...

In addition to the Banter Pack mod, will I have any problems running the Banter Pack if I also add the following?:

PPG's Restored BG1 Casting Sounds: http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php...d=143&Itemid=98

One Pixel Productions' complete fix to to add BG1 paperdolls, item graphics, and the left-hand weapon fix: http://forums.spellholdstudios.net/index.php?showtopic=9566

And will adding these affect a game that is already underway? Thanks again.

Archived