Mod Compatibility/Redundancy Notes

Guest Robert

So if I already have the Baldurdash Fixpack installed, is there a way to remove it, or do I need to start with a fresh install from the disks, apply the patches, and so on?

I don't recall Baldurdash having an uninstaller, so you'd be safest with starting over with a fresh install. There is a good thread over at forums.pocketplane.net with clean install directions/backup directions.

Guest Guest
I don't recall Baldurdash having an uninstaller, so you'd be safest with starting over with a fresh install. There is a good thread over at forums.pocketplane.net with clean install directions/backup directions.

Thanks. It turns out I did make a copy before installing Baldurdash, but I think I'll try a clean install anyway because somewhere along the line Gorf the Squisher stopped showing up in my games. This will give me the opportunity to find out where.

I didnt install this yet but I have installed many other mods...I know it says to install this first but if I install it now with mods allready installed will there be big problems or is it ok?
I think it all depends on what you mean by "many other mods." Worst-case scenario probably is it might fail to install, in which case it will have no effect whatsoever on your game (because it won't have done anything to it).
I'm having problems with G3 fixpack v1. I installed Bg2, then Throne of Baal and newest patch. Everything works fine. And apparently, G3 Fixpack corrupts

I seem to be having similar and different problems with my omnipresent Dungeon-be-Gone mod. although I can get through the end of THAT dungeon, it's far more a matter of good luck and familiarity; there are no dialogues with with Jasper, either textually or vocally, just a blank dialogue balloon. It worked dandy prior to installing Fixpack.

At the cutscene outside the tunnel, after some refreshingly new (unspoken/text) dialogue - nothing. Everyone just stands about, not doing or saying anything.

Since I'm running a Skald this time up, I'm also using Rogue Rebalancing.

I'd like to try both G3 & RR mods but, at the moment, one or other or both are being a real pain. Any way of uninstalling (temporarily, at least). :)

At the cutscene outside the tunnel, after some refreshingly new (unspoken/text) dialogue - nothing. Everyone just stands about, not doing or saying anything.

For reference, Rogue Rebalncing doesn't alter those cutscenes in any way. Please post the contents of your WeiDU.log so that we can troubleshoot the issue more accurately.

I'm not sure whether I can or should install the Fixpack, since I already have such an enormous amount of mods. Mainly, I'm concerned about Check The Bodies... Though I don't like Check The Bodies, I'm too far in the game to remove such a big mod. Can someone tell me whether there would be problems with installing Fixpack over these current mods:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods

// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod

// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]

~SETUP-BGT.TP2~ #1 #0 // Baldur's Gate Trilogy - Core 1.05b

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #1 // The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #2 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Edwin his BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #6 // The BG1 NPC Project: Give Viconia her BG2 portrait.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #7 // The BG1 NPC Project: Kivan's "Kivan and Deheriana Companions" portrait: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #8 // The BG1 NPC Project: Add Non-Joinable NPC portraits to quests and dialogues: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #9 // The BG1 NPC Project: Ajantis Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #10 // The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #11 // The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #12 // The BG1 NPC Project: Dynaheir's Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #13 // The BG1 NPC Project: Shar-Teel Relationship Core (adult content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #14 // The BG1 NPC Project: Xan's Romance Core (teen content): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #15 // The BG1 NPC Project: Female Romance Challenges, Ajantis vs Xan vs Coran: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #17 // The BG1 NPC Project: Alora's Starting Location -> Alora Starts in the Hall of Wonders.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #25 // Jason Compton's Accelerated Banter Script.: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #27 // The BG1 NPC Project: Bardic Reputation Adjustment: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #29 // The BG1 NPC Project: Cloakwood areas availability in Chapter One -> Open four Cloakwood areas (everything but the Mines): v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #30 // The BG1 NPC Project: Sarevok's Diary Adjustments -> SixofSpades Extended Sarevok's Diary: v16

~BG1NPC.TP2~ #0 #200 // The BG1 NPC Project: Player-Initiated Dialogues: v16

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #70 // Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #110 // Icon Improvements

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #120 // Change Avatar When Wearing Robes or Armor (Galactygon)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1020 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1090 // Exotic Item Pack

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1130 // Reputation Resets in BG2 (BGT Only)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1161 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> Keep Class Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1180 // Female Edwina

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1190 // Romance Bug Fixes

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2120 // Allow Arcane Spellcasting in Heavy Armor

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2140 // Expanded Dual-Class Options

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2170 // Cast Spells from Scrolls (and Other Items) at Character Level

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2200 // Multi-Class Grandmastery (Weimer)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2240 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2320 // Trap Cap Removal (Ardanis/GeN1e)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2340 // Remove Summoning Cap for Celestials (Ardanis/GeN1e)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3150 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring, Spell-Trap, and Physical Mirror Animations

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3160 // Keep Drizzt's Loot, Disable Malchor Harpell

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Items (Icelus)

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4000 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values

~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values

~SETUP-BGT105BPATCH.TP2~ #0 #0 // BGT v105b: transition patch v1

~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.9

~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.1

~SETUP-CTB_FF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check the Bodies Fast Forward, v1.1 (for CtB v1.8 or later)

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v8

~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Sorcerer

~SETUP-TSUJATHA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Tsujatha v9 (BG2:SoA NPC) created by Sillara of the Tamari

~SETUP-SOLAUFEIN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Solaufein Romance for Baldur's Gate II (SoA & ToB)

~IYLOS/IYLOS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Iylos NPC for BGII:ToB: 2.3

~IYLOS/IYLOS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install extended content (PID, more interjections, friendship, scenery & plot dialogues)?: 2.3

~IYLOS/IYLOS.TP2~ #0 #3 // How much time would you like in between Iylos' PC dialogues? -> 20 Minutes: 2.3

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Worldmap for Baldur's Gate v7.0 - including colored Baldur's Gate map icons -> New Worldmap for use with Mega Modification...

~SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.TP2~ #0 #2 // Worldmap for Throne of Bhall -> Use new Worldmap for Throne of Bhaal as well

~SETUP-#!YOSHI.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keep Yoshimo After Spellhold: 0.4

~LUXLEYSOA/SETUP-LUXLEYSOA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Luxley Family Mod for BGII:SoA

~LUXLEYSOA/SETUP-LUXLEYSOA.TP2~ #0 #1 // Portraits for non-joinable NPCs

I would never recommended to install the BG2 Fixpack last. The BG2 Fixpack should be one of the first mods, when not the first one at all. We have not tested what will happen if we install it over a megamod installation, but be sure that you can destroy your whole installation.

Greetings Leomar

Guest Guest

Hi. I receive an error when trying to install. I use latest version of Tutu (clean new install) and latest verison of fixpack. Are those two compatible at all?

Hello,

I think I need an advice... please? Im new to this world of modding. Im actually new to Baldur's Gate at all. All I wanted was start with BG1, using BG2, mainly for its improved resolution. Just a important fixes and maybe few tweaks. I dont want to change my game any other way (NPCs, items, quests,..), I would like to have it close to original, at least for my first time.

Now I see there is some thing called BGTutu and from here Im starting to be really confused:

1. There is Baldurdash Fixpacks, G3 Fixpacks, G3 Tweakpacks and Tutufixpack.

2. Tutufix readme says "BEFORE INSTALLING THE FIXPACK, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE INSTALLED THE APPROPRIATE BALDURDASH FIXPACKS OVER BOTH YOUR BG1 AND BG2 INSTALLS BEFORE RUNNING THE TUTU CONVERTOR.

3. G3 Fixpack readme says I should NOT install Baldurdash, because its old, and rather install G3 pack, which has old + new fixes and is not compatible with Baldurdash

4. Icen says "You shouldn't need to run BG2Fixpack with Tutu, as it incorporates its own fixes."

So umm.. Can anoyne with knowledge of BGTutu (classic one, not EasyTutu, as Im not using English version of the game) tell me, please, what I HAVE TO do right after clean fully patched installations of BG1 and BG2? And what I COULD do (some tweaks maybe?).

My original plan was to patch BG1 with Baldurdash Fixpack, then BG2 with G3 Fixpack, then install BGTutu v4 and then apply TutuFix. Is this correct?

Thank you for your help.

Archived