Mod Compatibility/Redundancy Notes

A bit thread necro?

My original plan was to patch BG1 with Baldurdash Fixpack, then BG2 with G3 Fixpack, then install BGTutu v4 and then apply TutuFix. Is this correct?
Erhm, I would say: No.

You need to do it this way: Install BG1(+TotSC), patch it with the latest patch without the dx8+ patch, Install the BG2(+ToB) and patch it with the latest official patch(not the 26499 as it's a beta). Then install the original Baldurdashes to both games(though you can live without them), then install the BG1Tutuv4 to the BG2 folder, and then the TutuFix.

A bit thread necro? Erhm, I would say: No.

You need to do it this way: Install BG1(+TotSC), patch it with the latest patch without the dx8+ patch, Install the BG2(+ToB) and patch it with the latest official patch(not the 26499 as it's a beta). Then install the original Baldurdashes to both games(though you can live without them), then install the BG1Tutuv4 to the BG2 folder, and then the TutuFix.

Thank you for your reply. I thought Baldurdash fixpack is old, as it states G3 fixpack readme itself too, so it should be replaced with newest G3. But now I realized BGTutu is actually old too, so this may be the reason for incompatibility, I guess?

Im just pretty new to this and there is way too many things to discovered when you jump into the 10+ years old community and research..

Anyway, I will just try your advice and see how its going.

Also, what about G3 Tweak Pack? Is it possible to apply it after TutuFix, or maybe at least some components of it? Or is it too new too?

Thank you

If you're international player (cannot use thing called EasyTuTu) you should use Baldur's Gate Trilogy instead of - it's far better than classic BG1TuTu.

I would say 'more adventurous' than 'far better' - but maybe that's just my political-correctness.

Guest Abbath
If you're international player (cannot use thing called EasyTuTu) you should use Baldur's Gate Trilogy instead of - it's far better than classic BG1TuTu.

Hi all, and with BGT you have got to install some kind of Weidu Fixpack (like g3 fixpack), to play properly, or BGT and some mods added are enought to don't make the game a powerfull carshing experience???

I am thinking to install:

bg1+totsc+official pach

bg2+tob+official pach

bg Trilogy

Ascension-weidu

Tactis

Oversight

Item Upgrade

Underrepresented items(MAYBE)

Bg1 npc project

Kelsei soa

Kelsei tob

Yikari

THanks for all opinion!!! :suspect:

Guest Zaleth

Should I uninstall the BG2 Tweak Pack before installing the BG2 Fixpack? I installed the tweak pack then decided I might need the fixpack. I want to make sure everything plays nice before doing it.

Thanks

Guest Guest_bloodbeast

Currently the Core Fixes fails due to an error. When installing FixPack 9.01 on easyTutu.

ERROR: illegal 192-byte read from offset 154 of 154-byte file spwi107.spl

ERROR: [spwi107.spl] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("spwi107.spl: read out of bounds"))

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [bG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes], rolling back to previous state

Will uninstall 3467 files for [bG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2] component 0.

Archived