Are we giving Imoen her banter file?

BIMOEN, or BIMOEN2?

Whoops! Yes I meant BIMOEN2, so we can have banters properly.

As for Sim's suggestion of a consistant Imoen, is a good idea, but surely it'll cause various mod incompatibilities?

Yeah, I think making all the modders who have already done coding on the basis that starter dungeon Imoen is IMOEN and post-spellhold Imoen is IMOEN2 redo their work, is something that doesn't belong in the fixpack, including (or especially) the modders' component of it. It doesn't negatively affect the actual game in any way for there to be IMOEN and IMOEN2.

It affects the game pretty negatively to have Imoen lose her characteristics (spells, whatever) between Irenicus' dungeon and Spellhold. I'd go as far as saying that's a bug. However, on the grounds that it raises compatibility issues, I'd be satisfied to have it as an optional component.

I don't see the problem with modders updating their mods.

My vision of a consistent Imoen would be to retain the Imoen/Imoen2 designation (backwards compatibility and all that), but have Imoen2 reflect the Imoen changes. It's a much harder technical challenge, but it's the only way to do it that's not half-assed and won't break everything.

My vision of a consistent Imoen would be to retain the Imoen/Imoen2 designation (backwards compatibility and all that), but have Imoen2 reflect the Imoen changes. It's a much harder technical challenge, but it's the only way to do it that's not half-assed and won't break everything.

It's not as big a challenge as you make it out to be. The latest version of Improved Asylum includes a consistent Imoen.

With that said, I do not really see a reason for the Fixpack to include this.

The first time I picked up Imoen at Spellhold and she didn't have the spells that she had scribed in Irenicus' dungeon, I thought it was a bug. On top of that she had new spells, which she could have learned in the meantime, but her knowing new spells, but not the old ones seemed strange to me. If it can be fixed and not break anything, then I'd be happy. Heck, even if it can be fixed, and requires modders to go back and update their mods, I'd be happy.

Archived