Are we giving Imoen her banter file?

It was intentional for Imoen to lose any spells scribed in her spellbook while in Irenicus' dungeon? I don't think so somehow. More likely Bioware simply decided to take the quick 'n' easy route when it came to implementing this, especially as being able to rescue Imoen was a relatively last minute idea.

As a nice request for the future, can we attempt to have some reasoning on things like this, rather than "NOT A BUG"... "YES IT IS"... "WELL YOU'RE OBNOXIOUS!" You're going to need to give us something to back up what you are or aren't convinced of.

As a nice request for the future, can we attempt to have some reasoning on things like this, rather than "NOT A BUG"... "YES IT IS"... "WELL YOU'RE OBNOXIOUS!" You're going to need to give us something to back up what you are or aren't convinced of.

Ok if we did fix it, I think we leave her with the death variable Imoen2 as thats what people use for all their Imoen material, so its the best way for mod compatiblity. In theory we just do something like romance resurrection after Bodhi and just move her CRE file across.

First off, are we including bugfixes from UB, Oversight, and so on into the FixPack?

If Imoen had entirely consistent experience, then I would say that it is even more of a bug. When Imoen is taken by the Cowled Wizards at the start of Chapter 2, she will be around level 8 or so. When the player finds her in Chapter 4, the average party level is somewhere around level 12-14. If Imoen is only level 8, the player would not want her back.

The loss of spells may be a bug, but it could also be ascribed to the mental rape that Imoen faced in the Asylum.

First off, are we including bugfixes from UB, Oversight, and so on into the FixPack?

Yes.

If Imoen had entirely consistent experience, then I would say that it is even more of a bug.  When Imoen is taken by the Cowled Wizards at the start of Chapter 2, she will be around level 8 or so.  When the player finds her in Chapter 4, the average party level is somewhere around level 12-14.  If Imoen is only level 8, the player would not want her back.

We can keep the level gain if that's the decision we reach.

The loss of spells may be a bug, but it could also be ascribed to the mental rape that Imoen faced in the Asylum.

I'll gladly file this alongside Irenicus using a Wish in the Underdark and leather chains. I don't think there's any need to desparately try and explain away what's clearly a developer oversight.

Spellhold Imoen having more experience than Chateau Irenicus Imoen makes sense to me. She definately has had many experiences since that point in time, many of which could justifiably provide xp. Imoen losing spells would only make sense if she lost all her spells (lost her spell book entirely and needed a new one). Otherwise, if she is using the same spellbook then it should contain the same spells. Losing spell due to mental rape would only be possible for a sorcerer, and even then it could be argued against.

When it comes to exp I think its either the choice of:

1) Do nothing

2) Add a flat amount

3) Bring her up to a certain amount, if she hadn't got it already (ala start of ToB)

Imoen at Spellhold should remain level 7/11 with 400000 XP or level 7/13 with 1200000 XP, depending on the PC's/party's level upon getting there. Changing that would not be a bugfix. So, your Option 1, if I'm reading you correctly.

Archived