[bug] Shar's Kit

Guest Doc Doom

The installer changes all .cre files with "Viconia" in their name field, so it should be doing all of them.

If not, there must be something which makes your installation of BG2 different than the norm. Are you by any chance using a non-English version of BG2? Or did you perhaps not apply the official patch?

The reason I ask is because when I say it checks for "Viconia" in the name field, what it actually checks for is a number, which references "Viconia" in a file called dialog.tlk. This file contains almost all the text that appears anywhere in the game... so if yours is arranged differently than the versions the mod was tested with, "Viconia" will be assigned to a different number, and consequently the number in the vicon*.cre files will be different too... and hence the installer won't find it.

In case it helps (and you can look these references up using the Near Infinity utility), the Cleric Remix installer checks for dialog.tlk references 6132, 9489 or 9508 in the .cre files.

EDIT: oh and ignore what I said about her not having the kit if the .cre isn't altered. It's assigned via a script, so .cre alterations don't matter in this regards.

I dunno, it's there in my install.

Could you possibly take a look at the vicon*.cre files in Near Infinity, and tell us what numbers are listed for the "Name" field (make sure you don't confuse this with the "Apparent Name" field) for each one? You can see the number by selecting the field, then looking to the right of "StringRef:" further down the screen.

If any of them aren't one of the three numbers already mentioned (and in my install, they're all 6132), then that's the cause of the problem.

I dunno, it's there in my install.

Could you possibly take a look at the vicon*.cre files in Near Infinity, and tell us what numbers are listed for the "Name" field (make sure you don't confuse this with the "Apparent Name" field) for each one? You can see the number by selecting the field, then looking to the right of "StringRef:" further down the screen.

If any of them aren't one of the three numbers already mentioned (and in my install, they're all 6132), then that's the cause of the problem.

Well, first of all, just in case, it is viconi*.cre right? :thumbsup:

Now, if you are referring at the number in the StringRef field that appears clicking on the Name field, it is 6132 for all my viconi*.cre

vicon*.cre is inclusive of viconi*.cre, yes.

If the number is correct, then it sounds like the WHILE loops is screwing up, and only affecting a single .cre instead of all of them. All I can think of is that some feature of WeiDU has been broken in a more recent version than the one which comes with Cleric Remix (and as you probably know, WeiDU auto-updates itself whenever it's run and a newer version is detected in the same directory).

Of course, it's also possible this duplicate spell problem has always been present in Cleric Remix, and it's just that no-one's ever noticed it before :thumbsup:.

vicon*.cre is inclusive of viconi*.cre, yes.

If the number is correct, then it sounds like the WHILE loops is screwing up, and only affecting a single .cre instead of all of them.  All I can think of is that some feature of WeiDU has been broken in a more recent version than the one which comes with Cleric Remix (and as you probably know, WeiDU auto-updates itself whenever it's run and a newer version is detected in the same directory).

Of course, it's also possible this duplicate spell problem has always been present in Cleric Remix, and it's just that no-one's ever noticed it before :).

Same conclusion...

I've wasted 2 hours on that damned while, but it should works fine!

But i know very nothing of this language...

WeiDU autoupdate-screwing up it is also possible, but i dunno nothing of this WeiDU stuff :)

It is also possible that the problem has always been present...

Anyway, is not only those 2 spells, but except viconi9.cre, all the otehrs vichy sould has ALL the normal spells (maybe plus the kit spells).

The only way to avoid this problem, in game, is to meet vichy with <charname> of lvl 9...

Not *SO* bad, but also not *SO* good...

:thumbsup:

Archived