Problem Taking Ship to Spellhold

This happens with both V3 and V4. Told Aran we're ready to go. The Irenicus/Imoen lab scene runs properly. Then the cutscene on the stairs of the docks with Saemon starts - but it never ends. I have had to Alt-F4 to terminate on each occasion. I have even cleared the cache and reloaded the save game - no use.

Re-installed the game from scratch using only the TOB Official patch plus FixPack V4. Same thing happens - the cutscene never ends. Put back dialog.tlk, chitin key, and the Override folder to its pre-FixPack state and reloaded that saved game. Cutscenes all work properly and game proceeds normally w/o the FixPack.

Got it. Cutscene cut41b.bcs creates pparan2.cre, which has a DV of "aran." The script tells "aran" to start dialogue, but we have changed pparan2.cre to use "pparan02" as a DV. We did this to satisfy cutscene cut41d.bcs, which references "pparan2".

Patched cut41b.bcs to reference "pparan2". Included in alpha 5.

Got it. Cutscene cut41b.bcs creates pparan2.cre, which has a DV of "aran." The script tells "aran" to start dialogue, but we have changed pparan2.cre to use "pparan02" as a DV. We did this to satisfy cutscene cut41d.bcs, which references "pparan2".

Patched cut41b.bcs to reference "pparan2". Included in alpha 5.

Am using Alpha 5 and this problem is still occurring at exactly the same place. :)

Did you restart the game, or update and continue from the same place?

This was from a brand new installation of BG2+TOB+Official Patch

Then installed the Alpha 5 FixPack.

This was a brand new game starting from Irenicus' dungeon, not a 'saved game' from when I first reported the problem.

Since I'm at work I will check what is Aran's DV in cut41b.bcs when I get home.

Thanks.

Problem resolved.

Snippet from the bcs to baf of cut41b in my Override folder:

CreateCreature("pparan2",[3059.3013],0) // ~Aran Linvail~

CreateCreature("ppsaem",[2995.2984],0) // ~Saemon Havarian~

CreateCreature("ppsime",[3070.3076],0) // ~Sime~

Wait(1)

FadeFromColor([20.0],0)

Wait(2)

MultiPlayerSync()

ActionOverride("aran",StartDialogNoSet(Player1))END

And this is what was causing the problem for me.

Creature PPARAN2.cre in my override folder, according to DLTCEP, has a DV of PPARAN2. When I changed it to 'ARAN', reloaded the game to an earlier save, the game proceeded as it should.

Archived