Alora only moving a few steps at a time

Lemernis

After adding Alora to the party, after the first rest period Alora only moves a few steps at a time. I've been advised at the Pocket Plane Group forums that this may be related in some way to installation of the BG1 NPC Banter Pack. If it is related, what is the fix? tnx

Guest Chev

She has a bug with her script. A day/night check for inactivity. Not a BG1 NPC Banter Pack bug. She should be alright at night. Try to remove the check from her script.

Thankee kindly for your help.

I had chosen the Assassin kit for her if that matters.

I see that her script is set to Custom (Default). I tried changing it to a few others, eg, Ranged, Cautious, Custom (Thief 1), etc., but still no return to normal movement during the daytime.

Is that what you mean? Otherwise someone will have to walk me through what to do.

Guest Chev

No read the quote

From hlidskialf

The easiest way to fix this would be to remove this from her script. Since she's already in your party, just open the savegame with NI. Open her cre file, and set her Override script from Alora.bcs to NONE. There shouldn't be any harm to your game. Second option, is to make a null .bcs file (ie. a blank) and rename it to Alora.bcs. The latter is probably better, and won't fubar your installation as the area script for the hall of wonders takes care of her appearance/disappearance it seems. I'll post this in the forum for the next bugpatch.

I hope you have Near Infinity installed. Check here for info on NI Link

Sorry guys, this turned out to have nothing to do with the BG1 NPC Banter Pack. It was a Tutu bug that Tutufix for some reason failed to correct, even after running it a second time. Whether this failure was in any way related to BG1 NPC I could not tell you. But anyway the PPG folks walked me through using an editor to fix the script.

Yes, I have seen it - it is not BG1NPC thinggy. IIRC I had a fix for it in one of the early versions and then TUTU fix took it from there. It should have corrected it. I will double-check though to make sure we do not patch the patched file still or something. Have fun. :thumbsup:

I am afraid that we do not run the fix currently in BG1NPC. I am guessing that TUTU fix should take care of it in the future releases for good. I can probably send you a fixed script if you do not want to edit it on your own. :)

I am afraid that we do not run the fix currently in BG1NPC. I am guessing that TUTU fix should take care of it in the future releases for good. I can probably send you a fixed script if you do not want to edit it on your own. :D

That would be very much appreciated, thank you! :borg: I believe you may have done this for me once before via the old Forgotten Wars boards, but I have not been able to find the file you sent me in my archives. :) I'll PM you my address, and I will also gladly share the file with anyone I hear of who encounters the same problem.

Guess I let go of this one too soon. I dropped the BCS file you sent me into the override directory, but Alora still stutters when she walks. Or do I have to go back and recruit her all over again for it to work properly? (I never had any trouble recruiting her, by the way, if it matters.)

I am not sure, she acts normally in my games. Before replaying, try Ctrl+Y her and do a fresh summon via CluaConsole, CtrlQ her in the game and see if she still stutters. If she does not re-recruiting her would help. If she still does, I want your saved game zipped and sent to domi_sotto@gibberlings3.net

Archived