[EET][Beta12] Minor Abilities and Proficiencies bug

Posted (edited)

I tried multiple installs, and without a couple of components, the problem disappear. It could be related to the multi-class components maybe ?

I've also seen another bug. With a really smaller install setup, i've noticed that Whirlwind attack can be selected multiple times, but its greater version can be selected only once and does not appear in the abilities. I've looked at it in Near Infinity, and there's no effects, no BAM assigned, etc. only a melee header with a set spell state "DW_POWER_UPGRADE_F1". There seems to be the same problem with Greater Deathblow (it's DW_POWER_UPGRADE_F7" in that case).

ProjectInfinity-InstallSequence-2024.05.29-00꞉02.log

Edited by ptifab

After another bunch of installations with small setups and another couple of modified big ones, i systematically get the same results. So i'll post what i've found out here and stop reporting the same errors again and again. I apologize if i already reported too much.

From my own thread:

i've decided to remove component 60200 "Revised and expanded high-level abilities system". I've tried even a very small installation with just ToF and ScS but the same kind of problems occurs: Greater Whirlwind and Greater Deathblow are bugged (no effects, no icons etc. in near infinity) and they do not appear in your innate abilities if you select them. I've seen the same kind of problems with mages, where all their L10 spells (comet, dragon's breath and such) cannot be selected in the panel when you reach 3M XP (the "+" is greyed out). And the fighter can get access to the extra lay on hands and extra smite evil minor abilities. I couldn't test every components and their interactions between ToF and ScS, so for now i'll played without the 60200 component, the bug with minor abilities i can live with that, i like it too much to remove it and i didn't see other problems).

I'll post my weidu logs and the ToF components errors from PI here too.

ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Log-Finished-Installation-2024.05.30-10꞉12.log ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Error-DW_TALENTS-81012.log ProjectInfinity-WeiDU-Error-DW_TALENTS-81100.log

Posted (edited)

After another bunch of installation, i've seen my weapons proficiencies are a little messed up. Axes and Spears proficiencies have disappeared from the panel, and i don't know why. I've tried to make some adjustements to my (really big i know) setup, but with no results so far. What i can say is that i paused at different times the installation process from PI and test a char creation in game to see when it occurs, and both times was after those components:

~DW_TALENTS/DW_TALENTS.TP2~ #0 #40150 // Make Barbarian Into a Class: Beta 12

and

~DW_TALENTS/DW_TALENTS.TP2~ #0 #40650 // Revised speciality priests of Lathander/Helm/Talos/Tempus/Tyr: Beta 12

I'm assuming i must have a mod that is changing the proficiencies (or something else that is related related) in a way that your components functions do not like it. But i just know that Item Revisions "Weapons Changes" component is the only one that really touches it. I've even installed just the mods that modified the weapprof.2da

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core (resource importation): V13.4
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #0 // EEex: v0.10.2-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #2 // Enable effect menu module - LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature: v0.10.2-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #3 // Enable empty container module - Highlight empty containers in gray instead of cyan: v0.10.2-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #4 // Enable timer module - Visual indicators for modal actions, contingencies, and spell/item cooldowns: v0.10.2-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #5 // Timer module - Show modal actions (red bar): v0.10.2-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #6 // Timer module - Show contingencies (green bar): v0.10.2-alpha
~EEEX/EEEX.TP2~ #0 #7 // Timer module - Show spell/item cooldowns (cyan bar): v0.10.2-alpha
~LEUI/LEUI.TP2~ #0 #0 // lefreut's Enhanced UI - Core component: 4.8
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1030 // Portrait Selectors -> BillyYank's Multi-Portrait Mod: 4.0.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Faydark's Abilities Auto-Roller/GrimLefourbe's BG2 UI: 4.0.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1100 // Display max proficiency limits: 4.0.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2000 // Transparent Sidebars: 4.0.6
~EEUITWEAKS/EEUITWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2030 // Adul's Better Quick Loot: 4.0.6
~EILISTRAEE/SETUP-EILISTRAEE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Eilistraee's Song -> Yes, but don't patch the existing save games: 7.4
~INLOVEUNDEATH/INLOVEUNDEATH.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Dreadful Tales: In Love, Undeath - a new quest and companion for BG2EE -> Yes, but don't patch existing save games: v1.7
~AMBER/AMBER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Amber the NPC MOD: v9
~FALDORNBG2/FALDORNBG2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Faldorn NPC for BG2EE: 1.3
~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Will NPC, shaman stronghold and new shaman kit for BG2EE: 3.0
~WILLOWISP/WILLOWISP.TP2~ #0 #3 // Optional: Drider and Dark Treant Enemies: 3.0
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 (Revised V1.3.892)
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #0 // Proper dual-wielding implementation for Thieves and Bards: v4.92
~RR/SETUP-RR.TP2~ #0 #4 // Bard kit revisions: v4.92
~ITEM_REV/ITEM_REV.TP2~ #0 #17 // Weapon Changes: V4 Beta 10 (Revised V1.3.892)
~ARTISANSKITPACK/ARTISANSKITPACK.TP2~ #0 #10001 // Artisan's Kitpack: Monk Revisions: 4.8
~MORPHEUS562-S-KITPACK/MORPHEUS562-S-KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #141 // Install Deathbringer Prestige Kit -> Assign kit to Sarevok: v5.3
~MORPHEUS562-S-KITPACK/MORPHEUS562-S-KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #201 // Install Rashemaar Berserker Kit -> Assign kit to Minsc: v5.3
~A7-CHAOSSORCERER/A7-CHAOSSORCERER.TP2~ #0 #0 // "Chaos Sorcerer" kit: 2.9
~A7#IMPROVEDARCHER/A7#IMPROVEDARCHER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Archer Kit: v4.3
~A7#IMPROVEDARCHER/A7#IMPROVEDARCHER.TP2~ #0 #10 // Add fighter kit: Marksman: v4.3
~A7#IMPROVEDARCHER/A7#IMPROVEDARCHER.TP2~ #0 #20 // Add paladin kit: Bow Knight: v4.3
~A7#IMPROVEDARCHER/A7#IMPROVEDARCHER.TP2~ #0 #30 // Add thief kit: Sharpshooter: v4.3
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs: v16
~CDTWEAKS/SETUP-CDTWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2420 // Loosen Equipment Restrictions for Cleric Multi- and Dual-Classes: v16
~EET_END/EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end (last mod in install order) -> Standard installation
~DW_TALENTS/DW_TALENTS.TP2~ #0 #40000 // Eliminate class/race restrictions and most class/ability score restrictions: Beta 12
~DW_TALENTS/DW_TALENTS.TP2~ #0 #40100 // Revised class alignment rules: Beta 12
~DW_TALENTS/DW_TALENTS.TP2~ #0 #40150 // Make Barbarian Into a Class: Beta 12

but it didn't bugged that time. Maybe there's another component from a mod that interfere with those 2 components from (ToF), but it's hard to tell. I join my log and my weapprof.2da in case that help.

ProjectInfinity-Weidu-Log-Installation-Aborted-2024.06.01-02꞉25.log

WEAPPROF.7z

Edited by ptifab

So, i made the good old "remove a bunch of mods, test an installation, rinse and reapeat" method... and i finally found the component that is conflicting and made my proficiencies all messed up.

So when i install both:

~IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2~ #0 #60 // Two-Handed Axe Item Pack: v5 and ~DW_TALENTS/DW_TALENTS.TP2~ #0 #40150 // Make Barbarian Into a Class: Beta 12

my Axes and my Spears proficiencies just disappear from the proficiencies panel. I tested with both an EET and a BGII installation. While i've checked the code from Iwdification, i can see i don't touch anything that is related to any proficiencies, so i get i must have to br on ToF part.

On 5/29/2024 at 2:24 AM, ptifab said:

I've also seen another bug. With a really smaller install setup, i've noticed that Whirlwind attack can be selected multiple times, but its greater version can be selected only once and does not appear in the abilities. I've looked at it in Near Infinity, and there's no effects, no BAM assigned, etc. only a melee header with a set spell state "DW_POWER_UPGRADE_F1". There seems to be the same problem with Greater Deathblow (it's DW_POWER_UPGRADE_F7" in that case).

I'll need to look at the rest of these reports in more detail (and I'm still traveling so it may be a while) but I can do this one quickly: it isn't a bug. Read the revised description of Greater Whirlwind (and Greater Deathblow): it should say that selecting it upgrades your Whirlwind Attacks / Deathblows. So once you've selected 'Greater Whirlwind', all your Whirlwinds should function as Greater Whirlwinds.

3 hours ago, DavidW said:

I'll need to look at the rest of these reports in more detail (and I'm still traveling so it may be a while) but I can do this one quickly: it isn't a bug. Read the revised description of Greater Whirlwind (and Greater Deathblow): it should say that selecting it upgrades your Whirlwind Attacks / Deathblows. So once you've selected 'Greater Whirlwind', all your Whirlwinds should function as Greater Whirlwinds.

Ah, i didn't saw that one. Sorry for that, i usually carefully read the readme's to avoid that kind of situation... That doesn't resolve the problem with the L10 mages, but that remove the first report on Greater Whirlwind and Deathblow.

Thanks for your answer, and have a good trip !