Discussion about mods installation after EET_End [split from Dark Tidings - a quest mod for BG2]

14 hours ago, maurvir said:

followed by another incarnation of EET_End not borking my current game?

Just a heads up: if SCS or another mod is installed after EET_End, rerunning the EET_End.exe will first deinstall all mods installed after. if that contains SCS ... you might not want to do that.

5 hours ago, jastey said:

Just a heads up: if SCS or another mod is installed after EET_End, rerunning the EET_End.exe will first deinstall all mods installed after. if that contains SCS ... you might not want to do that.

I know it's not the best place to ask, but why would you install SCS after EET_End? I've always made EET_End the last mod and never run into visible problems?

@maurvir I have no idea. I think it's for some components, and it would be specified in the readme. I think I saw it somewhere and it seems to work for the greatest part. If you want to be sure, best ask people who know better (than me).

2 hours ago, jastey said:

@maurvir I have no idea. I think it's for some components, and it would be specified in the readme. I think I saw it somewhere and it seems to work for the greatest part. If you want to be sure, best ask people who know better (than me).

Specifically the "improved npc management" will not work properly if SCS is installed before EET End.

1 hour ago, Trouveur80 said:

Specifically the "improved npc management" will not work properly if SCS is installed before EET End.

How ?
And when was this verified ?

3 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

How ?
And when was this verified ?

I verified it myself with the SCS 34.x.

I know it was messed up if it was installed before EET End. 

Maybe it's fine with the new improved NPC management from SCS 35 or ToF

I no longer use EET so I didn't try it. 

3 hours ago, Trouveur80 said:

I know it was messed up if it was installed before EET End. 

What was .. could you describe it, so it would be reproduse-able, if it's still there. ???