How to change person stats through files?

Grey Clan mod has a glitch which disallows an injured woman to spawn. Either the fix I found doesn't work or i've replaced the wrong 'thing'? :O Apparently, she doesn't appear because her health is lowet than her condition or something alont these lines. Is there any way to change her condition through files? I can't progress without her,

There should be. I assume you have Near Infinity or an equivalent tool that can inspect and modify the game's resources.

- Figure out what CRE file represents that creature.

- If she's spawning already dead, it's because her hit points become ≤ 0 once CON modifiers are applied. NPC classes such as "INNOCENT" or "GNOLL" don't apply CON modifiers, while PC classes such as "CLERIC" or "FIGHTER_MAGE" do.

- A CRE file has "current HP" and "maximum HP" stats. For most creatures, these two numbers are equal; an "injured" creature is likely to be an exception. These do not include CON modifiers; those are applied by the game engine once the creature is spawned, increasing or decreasing both numbers when applicable. Then  a hard minimum is applied; a creature's final maximum HP cannot be less than its level.

So then, if you do the math, you should be able to figure out what her current HP total becomes. If it ends up at zero or below, you'll need to adjust the stats so that doesn't happen.

22 hours ago, jmerry said:

There should be. I assume you have Near Infinity or an equivalent tool that can inspect and modify the game's resources.

- Figure out what CRE file represents that creature.

- If she's spawning already dead, it's because her hit points become ≤ 0 once CON modifiers are applied. NPC classes such as "INNOCENT" or "GNOLL" don't apply CON modifiers, while PC classes such as "CLERIC" or "FIGHTER_MAGE" do.

- A CRE file has "current HP" and "maximum HP" stats. For most creatures, these two numbers are equal; an "injured" creature is likely to be an exception. These do not include CON modifiers; those are applied by the game engine once the creature is spawned, increasing or decreasing both numbers when applicable. Then  a hard minimum is applied; a creature's final maximum HP cannot be less than its level.

So then, if you do the math, you should be able to figure out what her current HP total becomes. If it ends up at zero or below, you'll need to adjust the stats so that doesn't happen.

Hi there. 

Yes, I have Near Infinity and I've tried to change the settings. I found the CRE file of that injured woman, the thing is that she does not spawn at all. If I try to use commands to summon her, she appears for less then a second and than disappears off the screen completely. I assume if she was spawned dead, than her body would remain on the floor? Her maximum hit points were 39 and her current HP was originally 4. I have changed it to 39, than 34, than a few other random numbers, one by one. Nothing helped. 

I also tried 'experimenting' with her level, classes. I'm getting very confused because I feel it should be working correctly now.

Question: Did you load a game that hadn't had the creature saved in the savegame, after you made the change in Near Infinity ?
Aka, when you enter a zone, it saves all the creatures in a sorta index that then will never be reverted back to the games normal files, as the area is kept in the savegame.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, HotaruPL said:

..disapperas..
Her maximum hit points were 39 and her current HP was originally 4. I have changed it to 39, than 34, than a few other random numbers, one by one. Nothing helped. 

Then it's hitpoints are not the thing that removes it from the game... it likely has a script that does this. We would need to know more about this creature to actually give you better details.. give the .cre files name ?

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a script with "remove/deactivate this creature if [condition] isn't met." What condition? Probably a variable of some sort. Which is global and set by something else. Only in your testing, that condition isn't met so any attempt to spawn the creature just despawns it immediately.

11 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Then it's hitpoints are not the thing that removes it from the game... it likely has a script that does this. We would need to know more about this creature to actually give you better details.. give the .cre files name ?

It is BW05FFAP - name is an injured woman. 

11 hours ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Question: Did you load a game that hadn't had the creature saved in the savegame, after you made the change in Near Infinity ?
Aka, when you enter a zone, it saves all the creatures in a sorta index that then will never be reverted back to the games normal files, as the area is kept in the savegame.

I loaded the save from before entering the house. I'm gon try to load the one from before starting Grey Clan Quest in free time, and I'll see if that changes anything.

On 6/1/2024 at 10:16 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

I've tested it out properly now and still nothing. She disappears a second after I enter that house meaning there is something wrong global variable. I don't know how to fix this