A few multiclass kit requests

Guest Ludwig_II

Guest Ludwig_II

I hope you don't mind additional kit requests. Invoker of Mystra, and Fighter/Swashbuckler would both be great if they make sense to you too. Thanks in any case.

Not sure requests are being taken, especially whilst in beta. I do agree what has been done already does open a world of ideas.

Assassin/necromancer or fighter/Assassin/necromancer "merchant of death" comes to mind (a class I probably wouldn't play)

Invoker of Mystra and Assassin of Shar are both cool ideas. I'm less sure about Fighter/Swashbuckler: most of the advantages the Swashbuckler class gets are present for fighters anyway, so it's a bit underpowered.

3 hours ago, Thacobell said:

*cough* Fighter/Druid?Thief *cough*

That one's impossible, at least if you want a halfway smooth implementation. The only triple classes are fighter/mage/cleric and fighter/mage/thief. You can disguise a cleric as a druid (so fighter/mage/druid works in principle) but I can't think of any (not ridiculously contrived) ways to get a FMT or FMC to work like an FCT.

On 6/11/2024 at 2:31 PM, DavidW said:

That one's impossible, at least if you want a halfway smooth implementation. The only triple classes are fighter/mage/cleric and fighter/mage/thief. You can disguise a cleric as a druid (so fighter/mage/druid works in principle) but I can't think of any (not ridiculously contrived) ways to get a FMT or FMC to work like an FCT.

One can dream...

10 hours ago, RoyalProtector said:

Also "Shadowdancer of Shar" would be cool. Bit of a mouthful though, perhaps.

Shardowdancer?

20 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Alas, Shadowdancer special abilities (Hide in Plain Sight, in particular) are hard-coded to only work with that one original kit. A new/multiclass version will probably not be able to work - even with fancy UI magic.

True but if you do select the shadowdancer kit as the kit (as a base multiclass), it does work. I've done that many times in the past. If you take the Ranger class and then select Shadowdancer as a kit, you get it. Or Monk, it doesn't matter.

Not that I think it's a good idea (or like the hardcoded hide in plain sight, either).

Edited by RoyalProtector