Bug Reports!

Playing this mod on Icewind Dale EE, with a few other mods installed. Will report bugs I've encountered.

- My fire genasi Elementalist of Kossuth has a problem writing spells - basically, it usually just doesn't work. The write magic button does nothing. Could this be related to the effect or script that's supposed to give them a 15% penalty to scribing non elemental magic? By reloading, restarting the game etc I was randomly able to get her to scribe Larloch's Minor Drain and other spells but she usually can't do it.

On the other hand my berserker/wild mage has no problems with writing magic.

EDIT: was able to get her to write magic by adjusting her memorized spells!

Edited by roshan

Another one:

My multiclass Ranger/Selune couldn't put her extra starting proficiency in dual wield to bring it to 3 points. BUT my halfling swashbuckler could put her 2 starting proficiencies in two weapon style to start with 3 points!

Posted (edited)

The chant spell is super bugged! After casting it, my cleric can't fight with her weapons. And when I remove the weapons from her active slots and try to put them back, I can't, it tells me that a magical weapon is in use. This persists even after the chant spell effects are over.

EDIT - after about 15, maybe 20 minutes, real time, my cleric can equip her weapons again.

Edited by roshan

Another weird bug! Now my Fire Elementalist of Kossuth can write ice spells - she just wrote chill touch and ice knife. They show up with a red glow in the inventory but she can still write them. She can cast them too.

Weird effect - my Hunter of Selune can't be healed by any spells. I wonder if this is due to an effect applied by the revised IWD undead part of SCS. After using a cure disease potion, she can be healed. But she doesn't take damage from disease or show any diseased status.

Guest JIK

if scribing a scroll that should be allowed doesn't work try going from inventory screen to records and back to inventory with the character trying to scribe the scroll that fixed it for me.

On 6/18/2024 at 1:24 AM, roshan said:

Weird effect - my Hunter of Selune can't be healed by any spells. I wonder if this is due to an effect applied by the revised IWD undead part of SCS. After using a cure disease potion, she can be healed. But she doesn't take damage from disease or show any diseased status.

Known issue. See here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/37797-scs-359iwdee-mummy-unable-to-heal-on-hit-effect-doesnt-have-a-status-effect-icon/

Looking over the SCS changelogs since then, it doesn't appear that DavidW has gotten around to it.

My Fire Genasi can use Helm of the Trusted Defender - I think it's supposed to be halfling only, maybe there's no exclusion for the planetouched races that have been added.

Also, my Ice Storm spell description still says it does 3d10 damage, even though I installed BG tweaks to IWD spells component. After testing, it seems it does the correct damage, only the description is wrong. Might be a problem with other IWD spells affected by this component.