My Mac hates Tweaks apparently

Guest DukeBone

Guest DukeBone

Trying to install the tweaks anthology on my EE versions of BG and BG2 and getting shafted by macOS. Here is the error code it's throwing at me:  "The file “setup-cdtweaks.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges."

I've gone into the file itself with "Get Info" and set the permissions to read&write for everyone but it's still throwing that code. Thanks in advance for any help!

So, open up Terminal.app, then type in

cd

hit spacebar once, then go into Finder and drop the game folder into the Terminal window, this'll put the directory for it on your command line, making it look like this:

cd /path/to/game/directory

so, press enter, then smack this in to make the .command file executable (it's a flag on the file that gets toggled, marking it as executable):

chmod +x setup-cdtweaks.command

Hopefully that's clear enough, sadly I'm not familiar with any ways of doing this through some interface panel.

Guest DukeBone

Thanks for the help! I did as instructed and here is the new fun message thrown at me:

Last login: Wed Jul  3 18:54:37 on ttys000
/Users/REDACTED/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition/setup-cdtweaks.command ; exit;
REDACTEDREDACTED-MacBook-Air ~ % /Users/REDACTED/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ Enhanced\ Edition/setup-cdtweaks.command ; exit;
/Users/REDACTED/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition/setup-cdtweaks.command: line 3: ./setup-cdtweaks: Permission denied

Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

Guest DukeBone
4 hours ago, argent77 said:

It's not enough to make the .command file executable. You'd have to do that to the actual setup binary as well:

chmod +x setup-cdtweaks

This did the trick. Thanks!