RndTres.2da and gold generation.

hlidskialf

Okay gang, bear with me a moment. It's 0300hrs here, and I'm on my first 12hr nightshift after a 2 week vacation, so my question might be bleeding obvious.

I'm setting up a new system for my Greyhawk thing, and have noticed that number entries in the rndtres.2da have limits. (Numbers give you a direct value of Gold at this point.) You get a direct value for 1 to 231. If you make an entry over 231 up to 999, you get a max of 231. At entries of 1000 or over, you get some weird loopage. eg) A value of 1004 gives a consistant 15gp. Any ideas as to why?

It could be. I'll try playing around with it some more tonight. Weird though if the stack max is 999 (which I figured and attempted to use) why it's being limited to 231gp.

231 is the remains when you divide 999 by 256 :)

999 = 3*256+231

I'll make sure GemRB create more piles of gold if the number is higher than 999 and won't have this stupid one byte wraparound.

It could be. I'll try playing around with it some more tonight. Weird though if the stack max is 999 (which I figured and attempted to use) why it's being limited to 231gp.

231 is the remains when you divide 999 by 256 :)

999 = 3*256+231

I'll make sure GemRB create more piles of gold if the number is higher than 999 and won't have this stupid one byte wraparound.

HahHA! Give a gold mark to the math-man. I knew there'd have to be something like that as the rational. Thanks A. my curiosity is satisfied and GemRB just got a little bit better. :)

Archived