Current Idea List

CamDawg

1) Never pick up crap again

I think Zyraen has an instant store option in his mod.

2) Enough Micromanagement you coward

In addition to being infeasible, this is an appallingly bad idea--right up there with "Force a No-Reloads Game on Players Who Don't Want It" and "Want a Party? Too Bad, You're Soloing".

2) Enough Micromanagement you coward
In addition to being infeasible, this is an appallingly bad idea--right up there with "Force a No-Reloads Game on Players Who Don't Want It" and "Want a Party? Too Bad, You're Soloing".
Well, this *is* the Tweak Pack forum - I don't think he's suggesting forcing it on anyone. I do think the combat interface is rather impractical in this sense, but perhaps the bottom line is the 'infeasible' - i.e., it can't be modded easily, if at all.

What's the point of components that dictate a style of play? Folks who want to play that way already do so, and a Tweak to enforce it won't change anything. Folks who don't want it will either bypass it or might install it by accident and get screwed.

There's no scenario here that's beneficial.

Guest Morken
What's the point of components that dictate a style of play?

Dawg you make me laugh, thats like saying a Hit point counter is not needed because people who wanted to play fair would be honest and quit the game when the accumulated damage indicator exceeded what they knew as that characters hit point total.

"Damn gotta reload, Nalia's damage exceeded her hit points by 3"

What about a stronger Salyer form component?

Whereas I see how turning into the Slayer as it currently is can represent a great advantage for certain characters (i.e. wizards, sorcerers, clerics, thieves and all those with a poor strength score and few HP), it's also not that great for high level fighters\paladins\rangers: they can already get 25 strength from wielding Crom Faeyr (most people who play melee characters do use that weapon) and have almost double the Slayer's HP (a mere 100, considering you systematically and progressively take damage while in Slayer form, UPON the damage you normally take in battle).

Also, the Slayer's claws don't seem to be hitting as +5 weapons (Kangaxx the Demi-lich is immune to most of the damage) and I think they should (it's the avatar of a god!). Wouldn't be bad if they dispelled magic as per Carsomyr as well.

CON should be 25 (again: it's the avatar of a god!) and HP should be adjusted accordingly. At least. (I see the point in having few HP in that turning into the Slayer is a risk: you take damage while in that form and you have few HP, so you'd better get back to your normal form as fast as possible. Nonetheless, it makes little to no sense that in your avatar-of-the-god-of-murder form you get that many less HP than in your mortal form).

Guest DRAGON! aah

Could you guys possibly do a sensible version of one of the components in improved anvil? Specifically, the one that randomly alters the location of certain uber items every time you start a new game? I would install the IA version, but one look at the readme convinced me to steer clear of that particular mod.

Basically, some things obviously need to stay where they are (ring of gaxx, red dragon scale, that kind of thing) but various others could be shifted around a bit, like daystar, rods of resurrection, some powerful scrolls, item components for cromwell etc. Maybe even swap a few items between stores. Is this feasible?

Guest Aramyr

I've got a suggestion: above the 20th level the magic users can memorize more spells like the older versions. In my opinion "half-god" magicusers should know more spells then the lower level ones.

It may have been proposed before, but it might be nice to have a component similar to the Remove Cursed Item Flag from the iiTweak mod. It's somewhat ridiculous to be able to know with a simple glance that an item is cursed.

It might even be possible to expand on such a component by having two different 'identification value': one value to be able to know that an item is magical and a second, higher value, to know that it's actually cursed. So with 30 in Lore, your character knows that his new wooden shield is a +2 Woodland Defender, but with 80 in Lore, he actually realises that it's a Cursed +2 Woodland Defender.

Aaaannnddd... to add even more details, one could possibly make a mod out of this: adding a few rare potions of Lore and new cursed items, maybe even curse standard items at random. Beware the Ring of Human Influence! Today, it's working just fine, but tomorrow, when you start a new game, it might actually be a cursed Ring of Human Repulsion! :)

...Hum... Bad Luck mod. Gotta learn to program.

Archived