COPY_EXISTING ?

breeze

I'm trying to design a new kit (because I want to see if I can more than actually wanting to use the kit). Anyway, I've got the skeleton for the kit designed from the tutorial. Now I'm in the process of building the special abilities. My question is:

Can I use another kit's special ability as is, or do I have to do a copy_existing and rename it.

Also I noticed in the Cloister kit How to that the existing priest spells were turned into Wizard spells for the kit. Can I use a copy_existing and turn those spells into a special ability (like the PC gaining cure light wounds in BG1)?

Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Can I use another kit's special ability as is, or do I have to do a copy_existing and rename it.

There should be no problems with using another kit's special ability if you want.

Also I noticed in the Cloister kit How to that the existing priest spells were turned into Wizard spells for the kit. Can I use a copy_existing and turn those spells into a special ability (like the PC gaining cure light wounds in BG1)?

Yep.

COPY_EXISTING ~spprxxx.spl~ ~override/innate.spl~
  READ_LONG 0x64  "abilities_offset"
  READ_SHORT 0x68 "abilities"
  WRITE_SHORT 0x1c 4 // Makes spell innate
  WRITE_LONG 0x34 1 // Makes spell a level 1 spell (all innates should be level 1 spells)
  // The section below sets the spell abilities' icon location to innate
  FOR (i = 0; i < abilities; i = i + 1) BEGIN
    WRITE_SHORT (abilities_offset + i * 0x28 + 0x02) 4 
  END

COPY_EXISTING ~spprxxx.spl~ ~override/innate.spl~
  READ_LONG 0x64  "abilities_offset"
  READ_SHORT 0x68 "abilities"
  WRITE_SHORT 0x1c 4 // Makes spell innate
  WRITE_LONG 0x34 1 // Makes spell a level 1 spell (all innates should be level 1 spells)
  // The section below sets the spell abilities' icon location to innate
  FOR (i = 0; i < abilities; i = i + 1) BEGIN
    WRITE_SHORT (abilities_offset + i * 0x28 + 0x02) 4 
  END

After looking at this I have another question you have the spprxxx.spl being turned into an innate.spl file then applied to the kit. Can I turn it into a spcl file to add to the CLAB file?

And maybe that is what you're doing and I'm just too stupid to no better.

um..that should be "know better" see I told you I was stupid.

Archived