OpenAL

Avenger

GemRB currently uses the OpenAL 1.0 specification.

You'll have to supply a cvs tag: -r Linux_Spec1-0 (if you download openal for linux).

As soon as the implementations on both linux and windows mature enough to follow the 1.1 spec, we'll adjust GemRB as well. (or we hopefully don't have to adjust anything).

GemRB currently uses the OpenAL 1.0 specification.

You'll have to supply a cvs tag:  -r Linux_Spec1-0 (if you download openal for linux).

As soon as the implementations on both linux and windows mature enough to follow the 1.1 spec, we'll adjust GemRB as well. (or we hopefully don't have to adjust anything).

I'm just 'figthing' with (next :) ) distro (Ubuntu) and with compiling gemrb. But autogen.sh says that I don't have autoheader (I tried to find the directory like autoheader but didn't find and don't have anything to 'export'). And I'm downloading openal cvs with the tag. Anybody knows how to make *.deb from sources (in order to have 'clean' installation of openal). Maybe alien? But how?

Guest Guest
I'm just 'figthing' with (next :) ) distro (Ubuntu) and with compiling gemrb. But autogen.sh says that I don't have autoheader (I tried to find the directory like autoheader but didn't find and don't have anything to 'export').

autoheader is a part of the autoconf package

And I'm downloading openal cvs with the tag. Anybody knows how to make *.deb from sources (in order to have 'clean' installation of openal). Maybe alien? But how?

You could try to download openal .dsc file from Debian package pool, edit it and use it to create the deb. But IMO just compiling OpenAL and installing it to /usr/local/stow (and using stow to manage it) would be much easier.

But IMO just compiling OpenAL and installing it to /usr/local/stow (and using stow to manage it) would be much easier.

How? I've just read stow manual and have no idea how to do it? Just ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow && make && make install? And than what, at the level I understood man stow it can only manage packages not sources. And than how to compile gemrb to use openal from stow? By giving autogen.sh script some variables like OPENAL_DIR=/usr/local/stow or something like that?

BTW, I've noticed at forum about HaikuOS (the open source BeOS) that one programmer is interested in compiling it in Haiku, but that system lacks up-to-date openal version, and he asked why you don't use sdl-sound?

Guest Edheldil
But IMO just compiling OpenAL and installing it to /usr/local/stow (and using stow to manage it) would be much easier.

How? I've just read stow manual and have no idea how to do it? Just ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow && make && make install? And than what, at the level I understood man stow it can only manage packages not sources. And than how to compile gemrb to use openal from stow?

no, you have to do

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/openal && make && make install
cd /usr/local/stow
stow openal

the last command links the contents of /usr/local/stow/openal into proper places in /usr/local

(so that, e.g. /usr/local/stow/openal/lib/libopenal.so is linked to /usr/local/lib/libopenal.so).

And now you can compile GemRB normally, since libopenal.so should be in the default library path.

Edheldil

Archived