Cernd Cutscene

Orions_Stardom

It just came (back) to my attention that the Cernd component still doesn't change the cutscene of his fight with Faldorn (if you send him in when he isn't in your party). So, Cernd the Totemic Druid still turns into a werewolf...

So I am asking for ideas on what he should do in that cutscene. Should he, for example, just walk up and kill Faldorn? Should he summon his spirit animals, and have them attack her (can they be controlled in cutscenes?)? Or, should he do something completely different?

I also thought that the Totemic Druid Kit was more befitting of Cernd.

http://www.cirerrek.addr.com/#Mods

Of course, I also monkeyed with his stats (shame on me :p).

So of course, I was curious when I saw someone else had arrived at the same conclusion and done something about it.

Anyway, I don't see from the .tp2 or files copied where the fight with Faldorn is being handled. In the base game, Cernd cannot lose that fight because his Werewolf form (for this particular fight at least) has the MIN1HP.itm.

Just thought I might mention this oversight in case it was an oversight and not intentional.

Ah, I didn't check in the workroom because I figured that was a locked forum.

Feel free to steal the solution that I used if you like. I tried to document it pretty well. Comments are included in the .baf files in the baf folder of the mod.

Incidentally, in the .tp2 under the Cernd component I was wondering about the following:

WRITE_BYTE 0x0244 00 (shouldn't the value be 0x40100000?)

What are the (I think this is correct) in the .tp2 for?

WRITE_BYTE 0x0245 08

WRITE_BYTE 0x0246 00

WRITE_BYTE 0x0247 00

To my knowledge there is no BYTE 245, 246, or 247 in a .CRE file (at least not in v1.0).

Sorry if I'm being a pest, it just got my interest up seeing someone else trying a similar thing. Now I feel like I need to compare methodologies. Besides, I always felt like I should come back to Totemic Cernd to clean up the installation method by patching existing files rather than overwriting them.

O_S: Merged a couple of Cirrerek's posts in accordance with the topic rearrangement. Sorry if some of this now lacks context.

Feel free to steal the solution that I used if you like. I tried to document it pretty well. Comments are included in the .baf files in the baf folder of the mod.

Yay! :p And thanks, I'll look at it in a while. :p

WRITE_BYTE 0x0244 00 (shouldn't the value be 0x40100000?)

WRITE_BYTE 0x0245 08

WRITE_BYTE 0x0246 00

WRITE_BYTE 0x0247 00

If you look at those all together, you'll find they're consecutive - which means, ofcourse, that I should have used a WRITE_LONG there.I think I split them up because I didn't like an 8-digit value sitting there, or something. But WRITE_LONG 0x244 00080000 would do the same thing.

To my knowledge there is no BYTE 245, 246, or 247 in a .CRE file (at least not in v1.0).

Well, there is, because the files are bigger than 245 bytes. ;) The offset value is just that - an offset from the beggining of the file. So, WRITE_BYTE 0x245 08 writes the value '00001000' to the file, starting at the 582nd byte. The offsets that the various viewers label is just where a value starts - for example, the class starts at 0x244 (decimal 580, so the 581st byte (byte 1 == offset 0)), but the four bytes following that only have meaning if they're read together.

Sorry if I'm being a pest, it just got my interest up seeing someone else trying a similar thing.

Questions are good. :p

Archived