Bug Reports for V9 (Phase II)

discharger12

I am glad to hear that your install finally worked out and that you are enjoying the mod. I am sure that you are not the only person who missed Khalid in BG2, and was wondering what if Jaheira died in his stead. There were discussios on the subject, and I think I have seen a mod some time ago, which tried to bring Khalid back into BG2; don't remeber what the guys did about Jaheira, but hopefully it will be released one day. :)

The system for checking what part of the game it is seems a bit haphazard. After running away from Gorion's death area ASAP, I came back to explore way later only to hear Imoen get in a convo about just starting off as an adventurer. Interestingly enough, Xan has an interjection in this area too (with the suicidal guy)! Rather disconcerting combination.

More recently, I just picked up Garrick in the middle of Chapter 3; he immediately started a talk about 'not expecting to save the Nashkel mines' blah blah. Well, of course he didn't; he wasn't anywhere near my party when I did that!

With the openendedness of NPC pickup/dropping in BG1, some more care for this stuff would be welcome.

I will put chapter checks/additional area checks on the dialogues you have mentioned, though, please remeber, that even in BioWARE games dialogues often come in an inopportune time or in an inopportune moment. In a game like BG1, there is a lot of randomosity and a lot of freedom for a player and a limited amount of triggers/checks that can be implemented to fine-tune things. Please, report the occurences like this, and I will see what I can do, to prevent as many of the dissonances as possible.

Archived