Beta version4

Hi folks;

Now I'm currently running the Kivan beta mod version4 with the following folks in the party:

Pc-Imoen-Kivan-Soulafein

I have completed everything and have just went and picked up Aerie before I go and take back the Lanthorn.<sp>

Now I've run into a problem in regards to Aerie and the Pc are in an endless conversation loop as follows:

Yes? You need something from me "PcName"?

1. Nah, nothing sorry to disturb you.

This is continusly happening whenever I move the group. Was wondering if anyone else has run into this?

Does it have to do with one of the mods either solafein or the Kivan mod?

Does beta version 5 correct this if it has been found before? Or should I download and install beta version 5?

Who else can I add to the party that will help me obtain kivan's wife and I will try him/her.

Thanks

DragonMaster

I have not heard about Aerie's stutter to be caused by Kivan's addon, but I would like a saved game (just zip up a folder with a save before she exihibits the stuttering behaivor). I want to see if it is Solaufein-Kivan configuration that causes the problem. Cernd is your another option.

I have not heard about Aerie's stutter to be caused by Kivan's addon, but I would like a saved game (just zip up a folder with a save before she exihibits the stuttering behaivor). I want to see if it is Solaufein-Kivan configuration that causes the problem. Cernd is your another option.

I'll see if I still got it saved. Now still can't figure out what made you pick Cernd as one for which was needed in the party? Never did care for him to much. <G> Not to mention that he don't get much in the way of cleric spells. I would have thought either Aerie or Drow cleric you can pick up in the Govt district(can't think of her name right off) before cernd.

I'm going to run through the game again and if I will save it just before I pick up Aerie and if it happens again I'll send it to you. both the before and while it is stuttering so you can check it out.

BTW while were on the subject anyway of adding more to the mod to extend it through Bhaal? Not much is done in the way of mods for that part of the game. Just a thought. LOL

Thanks again,

DragonMaster

I continue working on SoA portion of the mod at present. After I am done with it I might develop ToB, but to develop ToB I will need to learn area graphics to create Shilista region so I am reluctant. Once BG1NPC is complete, I will have more time for BG2 mods.

As for selecting Cernd and Aerie...

Popularity or inpopularity of a character had nothing to do with my descisions: they are all personality based - or based of how I interpret NPC personalities and their relationships with Kivan.

Viconia would never help Kivan, because in BG1 the two kill each other if piut in the party together (good elf vs evil drow - not good). If she'd intervene it's to increase Deheriana's anxiety, sped her on her way back to Arvandor and then torture Kivan with the consequences. I did not do that, but it's a thought - I might yet persue it. :)

Of other clerics in the game Jaheira speaks against ressurections every time she is given a chance: at the sight of her own dear dead Khalid and she is very vocally against you bringing back Sarevok. Two out of two - so a good chance that she is not going to feel for Kivan after what he had done.

Anomen has racial problems with non-humans, so I am inclined to believe that he will have neither patience nor understanding of the entirely elven situation.

Keldorn's kit limitations deny him any and all healing/priestly powers.

On another hand Aerie has that universal inter-racial mercy and kindness of a true healer. She looks at Kivan and sees another person of faery blood who neither scolds her every step of the way like Jaheira nor is poisoned like Viconia. They develop kinship in the mod, where Kivan slips into a role of an older brother and Aerie is only too happy to play little sis. When Kivan is in trouble it is only natural that her intrinsic gentleness encompasses both Deheriana and Kivan.

Cernd is a soft-spoken, non-judgemental man with unrivaled human wisdom and (appart from the thoroughly evil Viconia) is the only single classed priest available. He is a good man with a clear sense of duty to the nature and the desire to do the right thing. He had also done something that was against custom (ie divorced his wife). In the mod he also develops deep friendship with Kivan and both his background and class enables him to take the role of healing influence.

Archived