Logical Starting Spells

When using Mages, I usually stop by every spell store, buy every relevant scroll and scribe them all, using potions of genius. That alone could make this suggestion obsolete. I will suggest it anyway.

What always struck me as odd were the odd choices of arcane spells the original Bioware NPC's came with. Aerie, a former slave and Lawful Good knows "Domination" when you find her? Edwin, tyrant in red, does not know how to dominate another being?

I suggest altering the starting spells, bringing them more in line with the caster character.

Hmm...the more I think of it, the more I believe this is a waste of time, effort and bytes in the download file. Regardless, it is your decision.

Ooh, actually I think this would be a fun idea, if nothing else. And I've already got spell replacement code from Cleric Remix (though I need to make it not slow as hell, heh :) ).

Any other suggestions, anyone?

My idea could be a bit extreme and perhaps not even doable, but could be a funny role-playing feature. Perhaps (if possible) one could change the KNOWN spells of druids (if different alignment from TN is allowed) and clerics to make them depend on their kit or alignment.

E.G.: A chaotic evil priest shouldn't be able to heal, only should be able to cast destructive spells, and the opposite for lawful good ones.

Too extreme or difficult? Perhaps it's possible to not allow to MEMORIZE certain spells, instead of removing KNOWN spells.

Just an idea.

Guest Louis Friend
My idea could be a bit extreme and perhaps not even doable, but could be a funny role-playing feature. Perhaps (if possible) one could change the KNOWN spells of druids (if different alignment from TN is allowed) and clerics to make them depend on their kit or alignment.

E.G.: A chaotic evil priest shouldn't be able to heal, only should be able to cast destructive spells, and the opposite for lawful good ones.

Too extreme or difficult? Perhaps it's possible to not allow to MEMORIZE certain spells, instead of removing KNOWN spells.

Just an idea.

Too extreme. :)

Archived