Eldoth the Skald

Buck Naked

Okay, not sure if this Tutu, BG1NPC, Rogue Rebalancing, or Song and Silence, but whenever Eldoth the Skald sings, the song doesn't act the same from round to round. Even standing still, with Eldoth in the center and the party gathered around him, the song changes from round to round in terms of who it is affecting. It's not just the potrait icon, either, because I can see the changes to AC and THACO in the character records. I see the message in the text box at the start of every round, but one round he's singing and it's affecting everyone, then the next round the text says he's singing but the icon is gone from everyone's portrait and the effect is gone from everyone's character record, then the next round the text says again that he is still singing, and some people are affected and others are not. I don't know if this is strictly an Eldoth thing, strictly a Skald thing, or strictly an Eldoth the Skald thing. or if it happens with any and all bard songs in the game.

I have not played with Eldoth the Scald, but Garrick the Scald and Player1 Scald act normally in my games (OK, I just love Scalds, lol). As I only run fix and BG1NPC, I'd venture a guess that you should look into the Rogues or S&S. Try uninstalling one of them (whichever was installed the last) and see if it fixes the problem. If it does not, uninstall the second one. That way you can run your own diagnostics and report to the approipriate modding team. :)

It could be due to how far away other party members are from him, but I don't recall the Skald's song radius offhand.

As for the source of the oddity, I would venture a guess at the BG2 engine and it being a distance thing, especially in light of Domi's experiences. I don't think I touched the Skald song in S&S, and don't remember if aVENGER did in RR.

It could be due to how far away other party members are from him, but I don't recall the Skald's song radius offhand.

As for the source of the oddity, I would venture a guess at the BG2 engine and it being a distance thing, especially in light of Domi's experiences. I don't think I touched the Skald song in S&S, and don't remember if aVENGER did in RR.

Nope, sorry. Has nothing to do with distance, as it happens even if the rest of the party stands in a tight circle around him and nobody moves. It even happens to Eldoth himself, so that shoots that theory right there. I have yet to see if it is just Eldoth, just Eldoth as a skald, just skalds, etc.

Archived