Tweak tastes?

Littiz

This new realease of the Tweak Pack seems a lot interesting. :D

Some components are a must, some -for my likings- are better avoided, while some I'm not sure about: so I thought I'd ask for comments from users/modders.

Icewind Dale Casting Graphics

How does it look? I don't remember much of Icewind Dale.

Icon Improvements

Well, same question, though I think I may just trust the authors here :D

Weapon Styles for All

While I agree on the concept, I think a bit of differentiation still wouldn't harm.

For instance, mages might be prevented to pick more than a star per style (or maybe is this what happens in the original game already?)

PnP Spell Progression Tables

Well, this is a hard one.

I'd be tempted to use it, but I fear my magic users will become highly overpowered.

Also, a major counter-argument is that enemy mages will keep the old, small set of spells.

Any comments from players who use this component? Does the game really become as much easier as it would seem?

Thanx for any opinion :)

Yeah, screenshots would be nice, thx, although the modification is not too invasive, I guess :)

But, hey, come on! Nobody plays with PnP Spell Progression Tables?

I'd really like some comments/experiences about this one...

:D

Oh, damn, now I recall why I couldn't use it: we use some of those "external" animations in Refinements already...

On the other hand, the improved ground icons should fit pretty well in any installation :)

Littiz, are you saying that the Icewind Dale Casting Graphics bit isn't compatible with Refinements, or are you talking about something else?

Wrt the PnP Spell Progression Tables, I haven't used this component myself (not yet, anyway, but I'll give it a try in my next game) and think it might be helpful to see a chart displaying the number of spells granted before and after the mod is installed. I personally think that the odd extra spell here and there would be fine.

Guest Guest_Littiz_*
Oh, damn, now I recall why I couldn't use it: we use some of those "external" animations in Refinements already...

On the other hand, the improved ground icons should fit pretty well in any installation :)

Littiz, are you saying that the Icewind Dale Casting Graphics bit isn't compatible with Refinements, or are you talking about something else?

Uh, no, using it should only cause a little, improper redundancy with the use of visual effects. Just a "cosmetic clash".

Wrt the PnP Spell Progression Tables, I haven't used this component myself (not yet, anyway, but I'll give it a try in my next game) and think it might be helpful to see a chart displaying the number of spells granted before and after the mod is installed.  I personally think that the odd extra spell here and there would be fine.

Well, surely we're talking about a lot more, the low level spells reach up to nine slots, for instance.

It may even be the case that in actual game you end using the same spells and little changes about balance... but it's hard to say without trying. :) I just wouldn't want to ruin my next game since the change is so massive.. :)

The low level spells reach up to nine slots even in unmodded BG2 :). The changes don't begin until 21st level for mages, 22nd level for clerics and 23rd level for bards, so you probably won't even notice any difference until ToB... which isn't exactly well balanced to begin with :).

Guest Guest_Littiz_*
The low level spells reach up to nine slots even in unmodded BG2 :).  The changes don't begin until 21st level for mages, 22nd level for clerics and 23rd level for bards, so you probably won't even notice any difference until ToB... which isn't exactly well balanced to begin with :).

Actually, low level mage spells are capped at 5. I've always played with mages and never got more than this (except for items bonus)....

For clerics is a bit different, ok, but the tweaked tables seem a lot more generous, overall. :)

Archived