Roger the Fence

Do we want to consider this a bug or not?

If you kill the troll before talking to Roger the Fence (Temple Sewers) for the first time, you cannot get him to raise the reward and he talks as though he already gave you the quest.

Do we want to consider this a bug or not?

If you kill the troll before talking to Roger the Fence (Temple Sewers) for the first time, you cannot get him to raise the reward and he talks as though he already gave you the quest.

The second part sounds like a bug. The first part doesn't (from his perspective, why should he pay you more? What are you going to do, resurrect the troll?).

There are two lines in question you can see if you kill the troll and then speak with Roger. Both are accessible from two starting points--if you've never spoken, or if you've spoken and not discussed the troll (or refused the job). While Roger addresses the PC in a familiar fashion, neither of the lines overtly refers to a prior deal:

Oho, I see.  Well, that gong is no longer in my possession.  Seeing as I owe you a wee bit for solving my little beastie problem, I'll be happy to tell you where it is.

'Tis the beastie that was the biggest problem, but you've gone an' handled that for me very nicely.  I am quite grateful for it, to be sure.

I don't see anything here to fix.

Archived