Idea: 3rd edition druids

Moongaze

I think the powergamer perspective is more in the min/maxing more than in combining classes since the engine or better the game design does not allow for reactions to abyssmal stats, so a CHA 4/INT 4 fighter can still do all the quests while in other games (Fallout, Arcanum, PST to some degree) he would be barred from many quests and most encounters with NPCs would yield negative effects. To have  Paladin/Bard/Sorceror is not as bad gamewise in my book, but I guess there is not much that can be done to alleviate this design flaw.

That's a very good point Jester, very low stats should have more influence on the game, not only in respect of available quests but also characters with Int4/Wis4 should have most of their dialogues inaccessible and the rest rewritten... A more plausible solution would be to raise the minimum possible stats, if someone wants to play a dumb half-orc it may be interesting role-playing wise, but since stats that low don't have the influence on the game such character cannot be roleplayed in the game and thus should not be possible. I think 6-8 (depending on a stat) should be the absolute minimum.

Archived