Which Mod/s?

Guest Fallin

Guest Have I overdone it????

Hello,

Thanks for your advice regarding which BG2 mods to use, but I found so many interesting looking mods I think I might have overdone it! :D

I've added the following:

Unfinished Business / Quest Pack / Song & Silence / NPC Kitpack

G3 Tweaks / JPS' Portrait Collection / Official Patch / Ease Of Use.

I think that's it :borg:

The problem is I had to re-install the game when I had a problem with my PC (I was in the Umar Hills) well not personally but you know what I mean.

Now when I play this area the three vendors won't open their shops to me I can speak to them and the option to see their wares is there but when I ask to see their equipment (ooh er :band: ) the 'store' screen doesn't appear...any ideas why this is happening :) There don't seem to be any other gliches...so far.

You have chosen well, young one.

One thing to note... make sure you're installing the official patch immediately after installing ToB, and then Baldurdash (if you plan to install it). Then, and only then, should you install the other mods. G3 Tweaks should be installed last, though this isn't anything game-destroying.

Guest Fallin
You have chosen well, young one.

One thing to note... make sure you're installing the official patch immediately after installing ToB, and then Baldurdash (if you plan to install it).  Then, and only then, should you install the other mods.  G3 Tweaks should be installed last, though this isn't anything game-destroying.

Hmmm,

Maybe I should remove the mods and then re-install them with G3 Tweaks last as I'm not sure if G3 was the last one I Installed :) I don't have ToB installed as my CD has a bad scratch...note to self must buy new ToB CD :borg:

Thanks for the advice.

BTW I'm not a "young one"...unfortunately :D

It doesn't matter too much if Tweaks isn't last.

It is because it patches items added by mods too for tweaks like Thief Skills In Armour, but if you install a mod adding items after Tweaks then they won't be patched by it.

Guest Where's the Adventurer kit g
It doesn't matter too much if Tweaks isn't last.

It is because it patches items added by mods too for tweaks like Thief Skills In Armour, but if you install a mod adding items after Tweaks then they won't be patched by it.

Hello,

I have found that the Adventurer Kit for my character that I selected from Song & Silence no longer appears in my character screen it just says 'Thief' :)

I have installed NPC Kits, JPS Portraits, Quests, Unfinished Business, 7 the offical patch. I did have Cleric Re-mix, Ease of Use, & G3 Tweaks installed but I removed them because I thought that they might be causing the problem. I've re-installed Song & Silence but the adventurer kit doesn't show up in my character kit description :)

Any ideas why this would happen. I had to reinstall the whole game since I began playing as their was a problem with my Throne Of Bhaal cd.

:)

Guest Official Patch.
So you installed the Official Patch after some mods?  You can't do that.  The official patch must be installed before mods or it'll overwrite the mod material.

I admit that I'm stupid, but I'm not that stupid :)

When I re-installed the whole game I installed the official patch first and then the mods. :)

I have found that the Adventurer Kit for my character that I selected from Song & Silence no longer appears in my character screen it just says 'Thief' :)

I have installed NPC Kits, JPS Portraits, Quests, Unfinished Business, 7 the offical patch. I did have Cleric Re-mix, Ease of Use, & G3 Tweaks installed but I removed them because I thought that they might be causing  the problem. I've re-installed Song & Silence but the adventurer kit doesn't show up in my character kit description :)

This is probably a clash between NPC Kitpack and Song and Silence, but I can't see the cause. It is definately your PC, not Imoen or Nalia with the Adventurer kit and a mage kit installed?

Guest AdventurerKit.

I have installed NPC Kits, JPS Portraits, Quests, Unfinished Business, 7 the offical patch. I did have Cleric Re-mix, Ease of Use, & G3 Tweaks installed but I removed them because I thought that they might be causing  the problem. I've re-installed Song & Silence but the adventurer kit doesn't show up in my character kit description :)

This is probably a clash between NPC Kitpack and Song and Silence, but I can't see the cause. It is definately your PC, not Imoen or Nalia with the Adventurer kit and a mage kit installed?

If you're suggesting that there maybe a problem with the install of S & S I'll take a look and see if I've made an error. I've met Raoul so th mod has been installed it's just that the Adventurer kit dosen't show for my PC but I'll check it out again. :) Thanks for the reply.

Hang on, I suspect I know what's wrong. I think at some point your install order changed, which is a problem with kit mods and save-games. When a kit is installed it is assigned an ID number based on the number of kits already present, if your kit install order changes so does the ID number. Unfortunately a save-game will always point to the kit ID number that was originally assigned.

Guest Sounds like what Happened!
Hang on, I suspect I know what's wrong. I think at some point your install order changed, which is a problem with kit mods and save-games. When a kit is installed it is assigned an ID number based on the number of kits already present, if your kit install order changes so does the ID number. Unfortunately a save-game will always point to the kit ID number that was originally assigned.

I think that is probably what happened as I went a bit mod crazy!!!! Nevermind I suspect it's just an aesthetic problem i.e I can't see the 'Adventurer' title for my character but the mod seems to be installed.

Thanks to everyone for all the help :)

Archived