BG2: opcode #274 - Teleport to Target

igi

Lo folks,

Just a note - I spent a while testing a few opcodes, and while I didn't get anything from #245 or #266, nor from my testing of the .pro bits the other day (apart from confirming that the IE slows to a crawl with more than a handful of animations on the screen, even if the animations in question are just the explosion fragments), I have found something useful about opcode #274.

#274 is Teleport to Target. It should more accurately be named "Teleport to Enemy". It teleports the affected creature(s) to a random enemy (within visual sight). If no enemy is within visual sight, no effect will occur. Param1 and param2 seem to be unused.

i.e. PC's get teleported to a red-circled creature, and red-circled creatures would get teleported to a random PC.

Despite the current description, the effect is not used by phase spiders (and I couldn't find any arrows of teleportation to check).

IIRC one of Illasera goons uses this OPCode
Yeah. I don't want to check, but I think this guy had permanent PHASE.EFF on his armor or something.
Despite the current description, the effect is not used by phase spiders (and I couldn't find any arrows of teleportation to check).
It's used for those stupid cursed teleporting boots (teleport to random enemy every n seconds when enemy is visible). Boots of Phasing? I don't think they are actually obtainable in the game, though.
Guest Guest

Yep, the arrow uses this too, but i didn't see it 'random'.

You could try this: have a lot of enemies around, then shoot at the farthest.

IIRC one of Illasera goons uses this OPCode (the dual-wielding warrior).

The time when I could remember what actually happened in the game is long gone. I suppose I should play through again.

It's used for those stupid cursed teleporting boots (teleport to random enemy every n seconds when enemy is visible). Boots of Phasing? I don't think they are actually obtainable in the game, though.

BOOT08.itm, yep, thats where I started the testing. They use "apply effect on condition" to apply phase.eff every 3 seconds or some such.

Archived